|Shattered Sun / Hope Within Hatred|
|Album:||Hope Within Hatred||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Victory Records (Hardcore)|
|Add Date:||2015-09-04||Pull Date:||2015-11-06||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct||11 Oct||27 Sep||20 Sep||13 Sep|
|1.||Nov 07, 2015:||Music Casserole |
Hope Within Hatred
|4.||Oct 27, 2015:||Clean Copper Radio |
|2.||Oct 29, 2015:||What was scene? |
Hope Within Hatred
|5.||Oct 22, 2015:||What was scene? |
Return To Serenity
|3.||Oct 28, 2015:||Home on the Range |
Dead Set, Waging War, Burning Regrets
|6.||Oct 21, 2015:||Home on the Range |
Waging War, Burning Regrets, Reign Over Me
Modern metalcore with lyrics about personal failings, letting other people down, and regrets. I say “modern” metalcore due to the keyboard parts and arrangements, but the guitar lines are heavily influenced by early Metallica on several tracks. The production is a little watery, as if you were watching the band outdoors. But overall this is a solid record with some catchy songs. Like it!|
RIYL: Killswitch Engage, Miss May I, Asking Alexandria, Metallica
FCC: 1, 2, maybe others?
Favorites: 4, 3, 7, 5, 6
1. Slow fade in, straight-ahead, good chorus, a few F bombs.
2. Great opening riff, chorus goes a different direction than expected, catchy.
3. Keyboard is more prominent, slower, really good.
4. “Classical” intro into lyrics about regrets, favorite overall
5. Starts with anthemic clean vocals, some mellower parts in the middle.
6. A bit more deathcore, though with prominent keyboards and a few breakdowns
7. Insistent opening riff, great chorus! One of the standouts.
8. Truly awful ballad ugh
9. More of the same, not bad but not the best.
10. Most clearly Metallica-influenced. Long instrumental opener. Pretty good.
11. Another Metallica-inspired track, all clean vocals, radio-friendly.
|1.||The Ultimatum||6.||Waging War|
|2.||Victory Or Death||7.||Dead Set|
|3.||Hope Within Hatred||8.||281|
|4.||Reign Over Me||9.||Awaken|
|5.||Burning Regrets||10.||No Sympathy|
|11.||Return To Serenity|