|Blackshaw, James / Summoning Suns|
|Artist:||Blackshaw, James||Added:||Sep 2015|
|Add Date:||2015-09-04||Pull Date:||2015-11-06|
|Week Ending:||Nov 8||Nov 1||Oct 11||Oct 4||Sep 27||Sep 20||Sep 13||Sep 6|
|1.||Sep 09, 2021:||Time Traveler (rebroadcast from Oct 2, 2015) |
|4.||Nov 01, 2015:||DDTT |
|2.||Jul 24, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Sep 5, 2015) |
Towa No Yume
|5.||Oct 31, 2015:||Halloween Jambore |
Confetti, Failure's Flame
|3.||Nov 07, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|6.||Oct 30, 2015:||Time Traveler |
Fingerstyle guitar virtuoso Blackshaw’s first singer-songwriter album. This is a much more relaxed and compact effort than Blackshaw’s previous releases—no epic 15-minute odysseys here. Just some really pretty, precious, folk-influenced tunes, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that when someone like Blackshaw is at the wheel. RIYL William Tyler, Ryley Walker, Lambchop. Favorites: 2, 4, 6, 7. No FCCs detected.|
1. (2:13)—Instrumental. Cheery piano, bells, organ.
2. *(4:33)—Soft, freewheeling duet with violin. Sugary but pleasant.
3. (5:58)—Slow, more in a pleasant slowcore style. Flute + piano outro.
4. *(4:38)—Mid-tempo, melancholy but bouncy. Strings. Really pretty.
5. (5:55)—Medium-slow, jazzy, breezy.
6. *(5:46)—Starts soft, driving. Duet in Japanese. A little pedal steel, some swelling orchestral flourishes.
7. *(3:07)—Instrumental. Crystalline minor-key fingerpicking.
|1.||Averoigne||4.||Nothing Ever After|
|3.||Failure's Flame||6.||Towa No Yume|