|Yo La Tengo / Stuff Like That There|
|Album:||Stuff Like That There||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Yo La Tengo||Added:||09/2015|
|Add Date:||2015-10-05||Pull Date:||2015-12-07|
|Week Ending:||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct|
|1.||Sep 28, 2022:||Zootopia |
Before We Stopped To Think
|4.||Sep 19, 2022:||Zootopia |
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
|2.||Sep 22, 2022:||Zootopia |
Somebody's In Love
|5.||Sep 14, 2022:||Zootopia |
|3.||Sep 22, 2022:||Zootopia |
|6.||Sep 13, 2022:||Zootopia |
My Heart's Not In It
For Stuff Like That There, Yo La Tengo’s fourteenth full-length album, they have decided to revise the concept of their 1990 fourth album, Fakebook. The Hoboken, New Jersey legendary trio is now a quartet after the return of their longtime associate and guitarist Dave Schramm, who worked with them on Fakebook. The idea is simple: strip down the sound to an almost acoustic format, perform covers of some of their favorites tunes, revise some old songs, and throw into the mix a couple of original tunes to complement the record. At the end, after distancing from guitar pedals, feedback, organ sounds, and other more complex instruments and arrangements used in the past, Yo La Tengo delivers a set of noteworthy tracks some performed in the old 1960’s county tradition and others with a more folky approach, allowing the soul of each of the songs in Stuff Like That There shine with gentleness and effortlessness. |
RIYL: Yo La Tengo!
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, and 14
1. (2:48) **My Heart's Not In It – Country arrangement. Georgia sings.
2. (3:47) Rickety – Yo La Tengo trademark sound. New track. Ira sings.
3. (2:52) *I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry – Slow, folkish. Georgia sings.
4. (3:18) *All Your Secrets – Pleasant remake. Ira sings.
5. (4:49) The Ballad of Red Buckets – Interesting reinterpretation. More cavernous sound. Ira sings.
6. (3:11) **Friday I'm In Love – The Cure cover! I’ve always disliked the original. Now it’s perfect. Georgia sings.
7. (2:59) Before We Stopped To Think – Slow and contemplative. Ira sings.
8. (2:47) *Butchie's Tune – Country arrangement. Solid. Georgia sings.
9. (2:37) **Automatic Doom – Stunning track. Where did they find this song? My favorite of the entire album. Duo singing.
10. (4:03) *Awhileaway – The best of the two new tracks. Relaxed and absorbed. Ira sings.
11. (2:36) *I Can Feel The Ice Melting – Totally enjoyable. Sixties feeling. Duo singing.
12. (2:45) Naples – Slow and heartfelt. Georgia sings.
13. (5:09) *Deeper Into Movies – The acoustic version of a YLT classic.
14. (2:06) *Somebody's In Love – Another entertaining track. Late 50s feeling. Duo singing.