|Tamaryn / Cranekiss|
|Add Date:||2015-11-01||Pull Date:||2016-01-03|
|Week Ending:||Jan 3||Dec 27||Dec 13||Dec 6||Nov 29||Nov 22||Nov 15||Nov 8|
|1.||Mar 24, 2022:||deep storage |
Intruder (Waking You Up)
|4.||Oct 10, 2019:||Being as an ocean |
|2.||Oct 30, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Dec 26, 2015) |
|5.||Nov 18, 2018:||Bass Pro Shop |
|3.||Oct 21, 2021:||deep storage* |
|6.||Nov 11, 2018:||Bass Pro Shop |
Tamaryn is a New York-based, New Zealander whose third long play, Cranekiss, leaves behind the austere tone of her two previous albums and taking cues from early 1990’s upbeat modern rock recordings, infuses new material with appealing rhythms and vocal elements that makes her music radio friendly. The dark, ethereal sounds persist in Cranekiss, dressed now, however, with melodic hooks and memorable riffs inspired by end of the eighties music production. Unabashedly pop.|
RIYL: Clan Of Xymox, Cocteau Twins, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Lush, and C86 compilation.
FCC WARNING: 3
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3 (FCC), 6, 9, and 10
1. (3:50) *Cranekiss – Striking fast-paced intro with guitar, synth, and vocal parts that could have been recorded in 1990. Solid take on the Cocteau Twins legacy.
2. (3:49) *Hands All Over Me – This track takes me back to 1989. Upbeat and addictive. Clan Of Xymox would be proud.
3. (4:28) **Last – FCC (fuck). Synth based track with a mid-tempo beat, memorable vocal changes, and a pleasant melody.
4. (3:26) Collection – Acoustic guitars, mid-tempo beat, and more pleasant vocals here.
5. (5:30) Keep Calling – Slow paced track with atmospheric vocals and continuous guitar parts hiding behind the rhythm section.
6. (5:42) **Softcore – Stunning, fast-paced dark wave-inspired track with exquisite vocals and synth parts. My favorite track on the album.
7. (4:47) Fade Away Slow – Slow beat, gloomy guitars, nice vocals. Dense.
8. (3:18) I Won't Be Found – Slower that the last one. Whispery vocals and coldwave sensations.
9. (4:19) *Sugar Fix – Fast-paced beat, acoustic guitars, high-pitched bass line, and a hypnotic chorus. Gothic.
10. (5:17) *Intruder (Waking You Up) – Another track with an up-tempo beat almost mechanical, pleasant guitars, and more whispery vocals that fade in and out of the song. Great ending.
|2.||Hands All Over Me||7.||Fade Away Slow|
|3.||Last||8.||I Won't Be Found|
|5.||Keep Calling||10.||Intruder (Waking You Up)|