|Shannon & The Clams / Gone By The Dawn|
|Album:||Gone By The Dawn||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Shannon & The Clams||Added:||10/2015|
|Add Date:||2015-10-05||Pull Date:||2015-12-07|
|Week Ending:||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov||1 Nov||25 Oct||18 Oct|
|1.||Apr 01, 2017:||Homeroom |
|4.||Dec 19, 2015:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Mar 25, 2017:||Homeroom |
I Wil Miss The Jasmine
|5.||Dec 17, 2015:||Meow |
I Wil Miss The Jasmine
|3.||Oct 04, 2016:||Waste FM |
|6.||Dec 16, 2015:||Home on the Range |
Gone By The Dawn, Knock 'em Dead
The newest from Oakland's fave neo-'50s combo. Shannon Shaw has a special, full, super-emotional voice, and eccentric multi-instrumentalist Cody Blanchard is complementary. This record sees them explore their sound, moving into a more psychey, '60s-sound-- and it happens over the course of the record's 13 tracks. |
Gosh, what more is there to say. No FCCs.
1. (2:37) **** Plinky git, cool Dave Baby Cortez organ. Shannon does lovely sock-hop vox, with yeaaaah-aaah.
2. (3:22) **** Twangy git, yelped "my man" chorus: real weeper-- pure prom.
3. (2:49) **** This one shuffles along, more of a Shirelles-type '60s number, spunky and broadway.
4. (3:46) ***** Weary, sidewalks-at-midnight chanson... beautiful build with "How Long?" chorus. Lovely.
5. (3:18) ***** Swaying duet, cool and breezy, kicks into higher, spacier energy at end.
6. (2:10) **** Fast, jangly rockabillyish number, with plinky git and growled vox.
7. (3:08) ***** Another weeper, but with more late-60s psyche influences-- Telstar synth winds throughout, hypnotic wafting tone.
8. (3:13) ***** Shattering dissonant git, then in the wreckage, slinky vox, Lennonish chant.
9. (4:23) **** Hard-driving '60s frat-party jangler.
10. (2:44) ******** Weird windy git, spooky haunted-house chanting at triple-time. YES. Hellish spiral of doom.
11. (2:46) ***** Weird, hard rock sounds: fuzzed guitar, fuzzed vox-- and the energy is snarling.
12. (2:22) ********** "Ya ya ya" -- (almost Lolita ya-ya), Shannon with weird fast melody, almost like something from the Old Country. Wow, a bizarre stomper, with the beats syncopated to all hell. Great. Weird clopping and clonking.
13. (3:47) ******** Another fast, weird one over more great weird organ, progressing to a grand finish.
|1.||I Wil Miss The Jasmine||7.||Gone By The Dawn|
|3.||Point Of Being Right||9.||Telling Myself|
|4.||How Long?||10.||The Bog|
|5.||Baby Blue||11.||Knock 'em Dead|
|6.||It's Too Late||12.||The Burl|
|13.||You Let Me Rust|