|Pure Bathing Culture / Pray For Rain|
|Album:||Pray For Rain||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pure Bathing Culture||Added:||10/2015|
|Add Date:||2016-01-20||Pull Date:||2016-03-20|
|Week Ending:||20 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb||21 Feb||14 Feb||7 Feb||31 Jan||24 Jan|
|1.||Mar 07, 2017:||Magnetized Toner |
|4.||May 02, 2016:||Viewer Discretion Advised |
|2.||Mar 04, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Mar 19, 2016:||The Snotty The Kitten Show |
|3.||Jan 31, 2017:||Magnetized Toner |
|6.||Mar 17, 2016:||Viewer Discretion Advised |
Pray For Rain is the second album by Portland’s Pure Bathing Culture. They continue to refine their synthesizer driven, soft rock inspired sound, only this time with an interest in 1980’s pop music production. Similar to Tamaryn’s Cranekiss, the melody and vocal harmonies are now surrounded by upbeat instrumentation, lots of tasteful guitar riffs and solos, and even their trademark calmness is occasionally substituted with enthusiastic outburst. Voguish.|
RIYL: Lavender Diamond, Tennis, Matilde Davoli, Widowspeak, and Tamaryn.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 6, 8 and 9
1. (4:59) *The Tower – Mellow, slow tempo tune. Pure Bathing Culture trademarks all over – pleasurable vocals, slow beat, stylish guitar interventions, ambient style keyboard parts, etc.
2. (3:45) Pray For Rain – Part 1980’s rhythm & blues pop, part glo-fi – up beat and accessible. Playful vocals.
3. (4:08) **Palest Pearl – Impressive 1980’s inspired upbeat recording. Catchy synth riff. Addictive rhythm. My favorite track on album.
4. (4:54) Clover – Guitar riff – think 10,000 Maniacs. Slow electro pop beat. Song driven by vocal melody.
5. (2:52) Darling, Save Us – Another slow tempo tune with a drum machine beat. Nice guitar riff and vocals.
6. (4:36) *Singer – Slow tempo driven by an electronic beat. Reminiscent of old Pure Bathing Culture stuff. Gentle vocals and memorable guitar riff.
7. (2:55) She Shakes – Dream pop exercise with slick guitars and melancholic melody. Medium tempo.
8. (4:10) *Maximilian's Ring – Another medium tempo guitar driven tune. Very 1980’s Fleetwood Mac. Somehow it works well.
9. (4:49) **I Trace Your Symbol – Semi perfect guitar driven tune. Medium up-tempo. Tremendously influenced by 1980’s soft rock. Very appealing.
10. (4:34) In The Night, In The Peaceful Night – Pleasant pop construction, mellow and warm.
|2.||Pray For Rain||7.||She Shakes|
|3.||Palest Pearl||8.||Maximilian's Ring|
|4.||Clover||9.||I Trace Your Symbol|
|5.||Darling, Save Us||10.||In The Night, In The Peaceful Night|