|La Havas, Lianne / Blood|
|Artist:||La Havas, Lianne||Added:||10/2015|
|Add Date:||2015-10-25||Pull Date:||2015-12-27|
|Week Ending:||27 Dec||20 Dec||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||22 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov|
|1.||Oct 02, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Dec 12, 2015) |
Never Get Enough
|4.||May 11, 2016:||Home on the Range |
|2.||Jun 15, 2017:||Moonlight Impressions |
|5.||Apr 08, 2016:||Moonlight Impressions |
|3.||May 18, 2017:||Moonlight Impressions |
|6.||Jan 29, 2016:||Moonlight Impressions |
Green & Gold
This is the second record from 24-year-old London based soul singer Lianne La Havas, and it is really great. Simple songs, beautiful vocals, all around lovely with some hard hitting choruses to give it some edge. RIYL: Lauren Hill, Sade, Nora Jones, Adele, Jesse J, Beyoncé.|
Recommended Tracks: Seriously all of them, great start to finish. Start with 1, 3, and 6.
1. (5:30) Unstoppable - Mid tempo, a bit of an intro to get through, great baseline, that voice is infectious, great build in the chorus, so awesome!!
2. (4:38) Green and Gold - Love this one too, more simplicity, catchy phrasing, awesome again.
3. (3:41) What You Don't Do - Uptempo, almost Beyoncé esq, but more reserved, piano driven with some great harmonies.
4. (4:29) Tokyo - Midtempo, beautiful again, great melody, yeah another awesome one.
5. (4:16) Wonderful - Down tempo, acoustic guitar and finger snaps.
6. (3:30) Midnight - Mid tempo groove, great horns, yet another awesome composition.
7. (3:39) Grow - A little sadder, acoustic guitar and more beautifully haunting vocals, build into urgency with some killer drums at the chorus.
8. (3:44) Ghost - Dreamy, lovely, more of the same awesomeness, mellow with no percussion.
9. (3:22) Never Get Enough - This feels almost off of an island, with bongo percussion, but builds into a distorted rock track, kind of awesome with its bipolarity.
10. (3:49) Good Goodbye - Beautiful and sad farewell to this amazing record.
|2.||Green & Gold||7.||Grow|
|3.||What You Don't Do||8.||Ghost|
|4.||Tokyo||9.||Never Get Enough|