|Foals / What Went Down|
|Album:||What Went Down||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Warner Bros. Records|
|Add Date:||2015-11-01||Pull Date:||2016-01-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Jan||27 Dec||20 Dec||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov||15 Nov||8 Nov|
|1.||Oct 23, 2021:||Music Casserole (rebroadcast from Dec 20, 2015) |
Give It All
|4.||May 05, 2018:||Radiant Airwaves |
What Went Down
|2.||Jul 21, 2019:||Radiant Airwaves |
|5.||Apr 22, 2018:||Radiant Airwaves |
|3.||Feb 24, 2019:||Radiant Airwaves |
Give It All
|6.||Jul 20, 2017:||butterscotch memory |
Albatross, Give It All
Awesome fifth record from Oxford indie rockers FOALS, I didn't ever really get into the|
last records, but this one is truly great. It has certainly been a breakout for them and
you will hear a couple of the tracks on mainstream alt-radio, but I think that is well
deserved. RIYL: Bloc Party, Claxons, Two Door Cinema Club, The Wombats
Recommended Tracks: **1**, **2**, 6, 9
1. **(5:00) What Went Down - I was addicted to this track at first listen, great melody, hard hitting instrumentation, urgent, awesome.
2. **(4:04) Mountain At My Gates - Mid-tempo, another great track, undeniable melody, great rhythms, great musical layers.
3. (4:21) Birch Tree - This one sounds a little more electronic but still rock driven and catchy as hell again.
4. (4:47) Give It All - Downtempo, minimal, builds slightly by minute 2 with harmonies and more instrumentation.
5. (5:24) Albatross - Mid-tempo, shuffling beat, not all that special.
6. (4:21) Snake Oil - Up-tempo, distorted vocals, great riffs and cool transitions.
7. (4:45) Night Swimmers - I could do without that one, not bad just not great.
8. (4:14) London Thunder - Down tempo, croony
9. *(4:37) Lonely Hunter - Mid/uptempo, another excellent melody.
10. (6:53) A Knife In the Ocean - More of the same, good track, not my fave.
|1.||What Went Down||6.||Snake Oil|
|2.||Mountain At My Gates||7.||Night Swimmers|
|3.||Birch Tree||8.||London Thunder|
|4.||Give It All||9.||Lonely Hunter|
|5.||Albatross||10.||A Knife In The Ocean|