|Shopping / Why Choose|
|Add Date:||2016-04-03||Pull Date:||2016-06-05|
|Week Ending:||5 Jun||29 May||15 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr|
|1.||Sat, 11 Jun 16:||Mr. Tumnus|
|4.||Sat, 28 May 16:||Mr. Tumnus|
|2.||Sat, 11 Jun 16:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|5.||Wed, 25 May 16:||The Twisted Kid|
|3.||Mon, 30 May 16:||Mr. Tumnus|
|6.||Sat, 14 May 16:||Chelsea|
Shopping’s second album, Why Choose, encourages you to dance from the first minute of it being played. This London band practices a variation of late 1970’s punk-funk and no wave. Shopping is so committed to that musical time period that even their ideas and themes resonate with those of bands like Gang Of Four and Bush Tetras. An edge and a spark without losing the beat.|
RIYL: Bush Tetras, Le Tigre, Micachu and the Shapes, Gang Of Four, and Pink Section.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 and 12
1. (1:52) **Wind Up – Delightful upbeat opener with the right attitude. Dance!
2. (2:28) *Take it Outside – Another upbeat track here. Minimalist chorus.
3. (2:36) *Straight Lines – Upbeat tune with cool vocal work. Interesting concept.
4. (3:18) Time Wasted – Medium tempo track with enthused guitar work.
5. (2:52) Say It Once – Another medium tempo tune that kind of takes off towards the end.
6. (2:56) *Passing Through – Medium-up recording with break up lyrics.
7. (2:08) **Why Wait – Upbeat track with loud statements.
8. (2:18) Private Party – Medium-up dancer with an early 1980’s vibe.
9. (4:00) Sinking Feeling – Medium beat track with more break up lyrics.
10. (3:15) I Have Decided – Medium tempo tune that gets more upbeat at the end.
11. (2:07) Knocking – Another medium tempo track with more break up lyrics.
12. (2:45) **12345 – Great upbeat instrumental. Fine ending.
|1.||Wind Up||7.||Why Wait|
|2.||Take It Outside||8.||Private Party|
|3.||Straight Lines||9.||Sinking Feeling|
|4.||Time Wasted||10.||I Have Decided|
|5.||Say It Once||11.||Knocking|