|Bob Moses / Days Gone By|
|Album:||Days Gone By||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Domino Recording Company|
|Add Date:||2015-11-22||Pull Date:||2016-01-24|
|Week Ending:||24 Jan||17 Jan||20 Dec||13 Dec||6 Dec||29 Nov|
|1.||Thu, 11 Apr 19:||Trish McBee|
|4.||Mon, 18 Jan 16:||DJ Postnatal|
I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
|2.||Sun, 13 Jan 19:||Trish McBee|
|5.||Thu, 14 Jan 16:||Nikolai|
Lullabies in Dali's Animal Kingdom
|3.||Sun, 16 Dec 18:||Trish McBee|
|6.||Tue, 15 Dec 15:||lionel hutz|
Day Gone By is a house-infused album consisting of deep, enveloping basslines and soft, sultry vocals. It has an eclectic sound palette that ranges from foreboding piano, wounded guitar licks, and trance tempo rhythms. In addition, singer and guitarist Tow Howie sings about lost love, infidelity, and lust. All of the tracks are cohesive in sound and content. Highly recommended for those interested in ambient, earthy jazzy textures, or for those who need to reflect on life momentarily. The production is elegant, subtle, and mesmerizing. |
Favorites: Track 3, 4, 8
Sounds Like Kiasmos, Weval, Justin Jay
1. (6:20) Slow build up in the beginning, soft vocals and piano for about one minute. Piano focused but great sound textures consisting of cascading drums paired with a mellow bass to maintain a slow but catchy groove.
2. (6:49) Low tempo, head bobbing music. Has that contemplative "drive long, slow and think about life decisions" sound.
3. (3:59) ** Soft melodic rhythm, with soft haunting vocals. Occasional guitar lick to ante up the sensual feels. Could be used as a James Bond intro song.
4. (5:25)** Down tempo rhythm, soft vocals, and sensual electric guitar play.
5. (7:50) Starts off with up-tempo beat, takes about a minute for beat to fully develop. Soft submissive vocals, letting the catchy beat be the focal point of the song. Deep reflective music.
6. (4:53) Slow, smoky, heavy hitting beat with earthy electric guitar.
7. (5:17) Interesting sound production, a little more experimental sound. Utilizes crisp sound effects (i.e. jumbling keys, buzzing noises) to build up the rhythmic beat. Electric guitar is adds contemplative feel.
8. (6:45) ** Ambient, trance-y beat. Vocals are intriguing, but not demanding.
9. (4:15) More vocals focused, has a pulsing heart beat rhythm. Slow build up, downbeat giving it a slow somber feel.
10. (7:27) Dance-ready clapping beat. A little more on the electro side compared to the other tracks.
|1.||Like It Or Not||6.||Keeping Me Alive|
|2.||Talk||7.||Nothing At All|
|3.||Before I Fall||8.||Days Gone By|
|4.||Too Much Is Never Enough||9.||Writing On The Wall|
|5.||Tearing Me Up||10.||Touch And Go|