|Little Fyodor And Babushka / Truly Rejected|
|Album:||Truly Rejected||Collection:||General 7"|
|Artist:||Little Fyodor And Babushka||Added:||Dec 2015|
|Add Date:||2016-02-02||Pull Date:||2016-04-02|
|Week Ending:||Mar 27|
|1.||Jul 11, 2016:||EVerything A to Z week 49 |
|4.||Apr 12, 2016:||does radio suck? |
|2.||May 03, 2016:||does radio suck? |
|5.||Mar 24, 2016:||In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W16I] |
|3.||Apr 13, 2016:||does radio suck? |
Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
Denver’s legendary outsider avant-pop punkers Little Fyodor & Babushka’s new 7” single titled Truly Rejected continue interpreting reality from an art rock-meets-show tunes-meets-Buzzcocks perspective with endless possibilities. Angry, raw, and genially campy. |
RIYL: Pere Ubu, Walls of Genius, Buzzcocks, The Haters, and The Inactivists.
FCC WARNING: 1 and 6
Recommended Tracks: 1 (FCC), 2, 3, 4, 6 (FCC), and 7
Side A – FYO FACE!
1. (4:08) **Truly Rejected – FCC (Fucked up, fuck). Part reggae rhythm, part late British 1970’s punk attitude, this medium up tempo self-reflective track is the ultimate “feel good song of the year.” Little Fyodor sings. The sampled voices do it for me.
2. (2:37) *It Changes – Medium up punker with guitars and synths and an early Elvis Costello vibe. Little Fyodor sings. Cool tune.
3. (1:47) *Girl Who Cain't Say No – Campy punk popper. Upbeat tempo and to the point. Babushka sings.
Side B – BABU FACE!
4. (1:30) *Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment – Energetic upbeat punker with awesome lyrics.
5. (2:46) Bar Bar – Oscillating between medium and fast tempos. Less vocal driven, lots of guitars, and even a synth solo. Drinks on them.
6. (3:17) *Done That Do This – FCC (Fucked up). Circus music meets punk aesthetics. Slow and weird.
7. (1:24) *I'm Down – Short and upbeat with the right energy. Punk weirdos in action.
8. (0:12) It Ends – Punk epilogue. Fin.
|1.||Truly Rejected||5.||Bar Bar|
|2.||It Changes||6.||Done That Do This|
|3.||Girl Who Cain't Say No||7.||I'm Down|
|4.||Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment||8.||It Ends|