|Dirty Ghosts / Let It Pretend|
|Album:||Let It Pretend||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-01-25||Pull Date:||2016-03-27|
|Week Ending:||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb||21 Feb||14 Feb||7 Feb||31 Jan|
|1.||Mon, 08 Apr 19:||a.b. en masse|
wig out at denny's
|4.||Wed, 09 Mar 16:||DJ Randall|
Home on the Range
|2.||Sun, 27 Mar 16:||Waves Warbler|
Breakaway Bluff on Easter Holis
|5.||Tue, 01 Mar 16:||DJ Stace|
|3.||Wed, 16 Mar 16:||Snotty The Kitten|
The Snotty The Kitten Show
|6.||Sat, 27 Feb 16:||Snotty The Kitten|
The Snotty The Kitten Show
Mostly garage rock with the occasional stellar post-punk + Sleater-Kinney type track. Vocals sound a lot like Carrie Brownstein. Power chords and screaming guitars, vox.|
RIYL Sleater-Kinney, New War, Interpol, Sonic Youth
1. (3:58) Some Kids - Angry electric guitar and dark bass. Post-punk vibes.
2. (4:39) * Battery - Furiously plodding guitar and vocals. Light keyboards come in 1:00. Garage rock. Awesome groovy bassline from 2:53 until the end.
3. (4:06) ***** Let It Pretend - The lovechild of Sonic Youth and Sleater-Kinney. Pretty electric solo at 2:20.
4. (4:00) *** Light Like Speed - Prominent, deep vocals. Steady, ominous, tight grip. Music for headbanging. A male’s recorded voice comes in around 2:30. Feeling that Sonic Youth x Sleater-Kinney connection again. Faint, dark humming in the background. Chaotic keyboards and escalating guitars at the end.
5. (3:07) Quicksand Castle - Searing electric guitar solo at 1:30. Power chords. Propulsive bassline and drumming. This seems like such a prototypical garage band song to me but I love its sincere simplicity.
6. (3:18) Cataract - “You’re like a cataract covering my eyes from falling”. Metaphors of vision. Notable bassline. This would sound so awesome live.
7. (3:58) ** Hologram - Piercing electric guitar solo at beginning. Very anthemic. So much guitar. Greaaaat lyrics about building a hologram to trace the shape of someone’s eyes (still trying to figure out how that would work…). Loud bass.
8. (3:45) ***** So Shallow - Cool Gary Numan-esque outer-space synth and bass intro. Repetitive synth melody. So post-punk. This bassline gives me life.
9. (4:17) ** Siamese Dogs - Loud, aggressive, driving. Really showcases how powerful the vocalist’s voice is. Occasional bouts of cascading, blood orange, new wave guitar. Aquatic synths guide the outro to the song’s epic conclusion.
10. (2:32) Moving Pictures - Another anthem. Punk influence. Blistering guitar solo starting at 1:05, before diving back into the forebodingly fast bassline. Keeps escalating for a while before fading out around 2:10.
|3.||Let It Pretend||8.||So Shallow|
|4.||Light Like Speed||9.||Siamese Dogs|
|5.||Quicksand Castle||10.||Moving Pictures|