sad, neo-folky indie, coffee shop chanteusey.
it no joke: you can hear that that heart broke!
raw, first takes from what i hear.
all tracks samey. and, if you listen to the lyrics -and the way she delivers them- it can be a painful listen. a little cheesy. but good. i guess you could be snide, sarcastic, and decide to hate it. but that's only if you're like the little grinch girl that made her heart smaller and smaller and...
MR. ESQ SEZ: MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOV- (THAT'S HALF A HEART! -IT'S BROKEN!)
SOUNDS LIKE: SEA OF BEES, SHARON VAN ETTEN, CAT POWER, SOMEONE I'M HEARING AND KEEP HEARING, BUT I'VE FORGOTTEN HER NAME, ET AL.
PLAY: ANY/ALL/RANDOMEOW/CMON: YOU HEARTS BEEN BWOKEN TOO!
1. PURR-FECT II: sweet, sad, haunty. of someone i knew...
2. PURR-FECT II: slower, etherealy.
3. PURR-FECT II: Lowish. lovely.
4. PURR-FECT II: strummy. still heartbreaky.
5. PURR-FECT II: ouch.
6. PURR-FECT : double ouch.
7. PURR-FECT II: saddy. strummy.
8. PURR-FECT II: sadderer, downerer
9. PURR-FECT II: piano! -i like piano! saddy. ends with dialogue murmurs.............
endnote: (visualize that future telling guy in Ed Wood) 'I predict...that Julien Baker will be really big!'