|Computer Magic / Davos|
|Label:||Channel 9 Records|
|Add Date:||2016-02-14||Pull Date:||2016-04-17|
|Week Ending:||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar||6 Mar||28 Feb|
|1.||Jan 18, 2018:||A Night on the Roof |
|4.||May 08, 2016:||Viewer Discretion Advised |
When You See Me, Be Fair
|2.||Oct 28, 2016:||Time Traveler |
|5.||May 04, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|3.||Jun 08, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
|6.||Apr 20, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
This is the first full length release from Computer Magic. Computer Magic is the stage name for Woodridge, NY native Danielle “Danz” Johnson, and the record was released on her own lable, Channel 9 Records. It is an awesome synth pop record. It is basically what I wish the album Metric recently released had sounded like. Great melodies, loud and fuzzy synth, catchy lyrics. Really great record. |
Favorites: 1, 4, 8, 10
1. (4:15) Fuzz - Synth straight outa the 80s, melody worthy of an old Metric record, rules. So good.
2. (4:13) When You See Me – Midtempo, lots of hi-hat shuffling, more synth.
3. (4:46) Secret – Mid-tempo, distant, easy listening.
4. (4:08) Be Fair – LOVE this track, mid tempo, awesome harmonies, and another insanely catchy melody. Great transitions and varied layers keeps it interesting.
5. (4:03) Give Me Just a Minute - This one is also great, had claps, more synth, lazy vocal delivery, another super catchy track.
6. (4:07) Hudson – Less distorted, great build, another awesome groove.
7. (2:54) Save Your Life – More upbeat synth.
8. (3:21) All Day – This is another one that feels straight out of the 80s, I feel like this could have been a Madonna song…another one to get stuck in your head.
9. (4:23) Bionic Man - More big synthy sounds.
10. (4:01) Chances – Synth pop, another one of the same but still a great track.
11. (4:43) Zuma – Mellow and sweet, not a stand out.
12. (5:55) Spaces – This one feels spacey (so aptly named I guess), cool song.
|1.||Fuzz||7.||Save Your Life|
|2.||When You See Me||8.||All Day|
|5.||Give Me Just A Minute||11.||Zuma|