|Add Date:||2016-04-25||Pull Date:||2016-06-26|
|Week Ending:||Jun 26||Jun 19||May 22||May 15||May 8||May 1|
|1.||Nov 10, 2021:||Bass Pro Shop (rebroadcast from Dec 2, 2018)
|4.||Jan 25, 2018:||Sound Landscapes
|2.||Dec 02, 2018:||Bass Pro Shop
|5.||Jul 22, 2017:||night tapes 11
|3.||Feb 01, 2018:||Sound Landscapes
|6.||Apr 20, 2017:||serenity now
Even The Shadow
riyl: sufjan stevens, youth lagoon, james blake, unknown mortal orchestra, frankie cosmos
this is another slowie synth-pop record from sadcore bummertown. bona fide new york city slugs. there are some nice synth pop tunes and it sounds quite a bit like their last release “slow dance in the cosmos.” friends of frank cosmos, they sound just like an all-out synth version of her with male vocals. i think frank’s vocals appear on this record too. this record is very very synth synth pop pop and occasionally autotuned, kind of an 80’s parody band. they are the definition of norm-core. when i saw them a month ago lead guy aaron maine wore a baseball cap that said “total bummer” and a george thorogood and the destroyers t tucked into stone washed levi 501’s. bad to the bone, aaron maine. No FCC’s.
1. (4:01) underwater- pulsing synth that never builds like i kept thinking it would
2. (3:26) braid- a little bit of a house-y beat
3. (3:06) be apart- very dance. top 40 material if sped up. last 30 seconds are drawn out minor chords that could make for an awkward segue
4. (2:28) mood- takes a little happier turn
5. (3:06) hour- house beat, sounds like a song by the knife slowed way down with male vocals
6. (3:24) even the shadow- another synth slowie with a beat
7. (3:13) pool- quiet, minimal. auto tune. riyl autotune. (i don’t)
8. (2:49) glow- another slowie. another synthie.
9. ***(2:36) car- this one makes me jump around. a sadcore portland girl at the show asked me to calm down. aaron maine later asked the entire crowd to sit down when they played “permanent loan” and wouldn’t start the song until everyone was crisscross applesauce. bad to the bone, aaron maine.
10. (3:40) shaver- no more jumping around. slowie-core bummertown.
11. *(3:20) shape- the wobbly synth on this track is a fun time
12. (3:07) security- same-y. another synth tune. autotuned vocals. riyl autotune.
|6.||Even The Shadow||12.||Security|