|Public Memory / Wuthering Drum|
|Artist:||Public Memory||Added:||Mar 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-03-27||Pull Date:||2016-05-29|
|Week Ending:||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 8||May 1||Apr 24||Apr 17||Apr 10|
|1.||Feb 20, 2023:||Pest Control |
|4.||May 25, 2016:||The Off-Beat Generation |
|2.||Nov 02, 2016:||deep storage |
|5.||May 19, 2016:||radio seven |
As You Wish
|3.||May 26, 2016:||radio seven |
Cul De Sac
|6.||May 10, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
Gloomy soundscapes influenced by post-punk and the darker side of chillwave. Vocals sound intriguingly like Chelsea Wolfe mixed with Trevor Powers of Youth Lagoon. The synths have this liturgical quality to them that reminds me constantly of Tim Hecker. Sensual production.|
RIYL Baths 'Obsidian', Chelsea Wolfe, The Soft Moon, Tim Hecker, Ben Frost
Favorites: 1, 3, 6, 7, 10
1. (3:18) *Heir—Some clanking and chiming, then steady, brooding beat drops and synths build. Ominous and pensive.
2. (3:57) Mirror—Eerie gentle piano melody at beginning, buzzing James Ferraro-esque synths, warped and weary vocals. Whistling synths and restlessness halfway through. Piano melody returns softly later.
3. (3:15) **Ringleader—Ominous, dark. RIYL Interpol's "Turn on the Bright Lights". Mostly darkly contemplative synths with occasional lovely fluttering synths.
4. (3:32) Domino—Shuffling beat and liturgical synths that become more playful as the song progresses.
5. (3:45) Cul de Sac—Slow, eerie. Fluid synths come in at 1:48. Gentle piano melody develops in the last minute.
6. (3:32) **As You Wish—Bright, urgent synths and muffled, distressed vocals. Synth melodies sound Middle Eastern. Piano comes in at 2:07. Deep house as constructed by James Blake and Chelsea Wolfe.
7. (3:46) *Interfaith—Languorous, haunting. Very Chelsea Wolfe. Constant synths throughout. Lyrics hard to discern. Creepy, faintly clamorous piano in last minute.
8. (2:54) Zig Zag—More Middle Eastern-esque synths and a loud, aggressively shuffling beat.
9. (4:27) Earwig—Prominent vocals. An almost dance beat dominates the parts without vocals. The closest thing to a groove on this record. The last minute reminds me a lot of Ben Frost.
10. (3:45) *Lunar—Aquatic. Sounds like late period Youth Lagoon crossed with Ben Frost.
|1.||Heir||6.||As You Wish|
|5.||Cul De Sac||10.||Lunar|