|Wild Nothing / Life Of Pause|
|Album:||Life Of Pause||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-05-01||Pull Date:||2016-07-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Jul||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May||8 May|
|1.||Aug 17, 2017:||moodswings |
|4.||Jul 08, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
To Know You
|2.||Jul 18, 2016:||ZoëRadio |
|5.||Jul 01, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|3.||Jul 15, 2016:||Kick Out The Blues |
To Know You
|6.||Jul 01, 2016:||The Pocket |
Jack Tatum of Wild Nothing has been steadily shedding his C86 influences since 2013’s Empty Estate and venturing further into stranger territory, from experimental Japanese-influenced ambience on that EP to more motown, soul, and funk influences on this record. This record is most characterized by extravagance -- instrumentation, emotion -- if a bit formulaic.|
1. (4:52) ***Reichpop—Floating, tapping, restless keys. Krautrock.
2. (5:00) **Lady Blue—Effusive synths and propulsive drumming. Briefly gets quieter and atmospheric three minutes in before its triumphant closing.
3. (4:09) **A Woman’s Wisdom—Pensive vocals and consistent piano line. Brings the motown and funk at 1:30. Some sweet guitar riffing.
4. (2:44) Japanese Alice—Short uptempo garage track; reminds me of Joanna Gruesome.
5. (3:06) Life of Pause—A sonic rainforest and overwhelming constellation of synths and pulsing sounds. ‘80s fantasy.
6. (3:53) ***Alien—Contemplative bass intro and vocals. Explodes into crazy synths at 1:36 and repeats this quieter/louder dynamic frequently.
7. (5:57) *To Know You—Motorik beat, buzzing synths, and reverb. Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space.
8. (4:55) **Adore—Softer acoustic melody with some arpeggiated synths.
9. (3:52) TV Queen—Catchy and anthemic with some sweet basslines. Frantic, pulsating.
10. (4:57) *Whenever I—Blue-eyed soul that grooves.
11. (6:19) Love Underneath My Thumb—Acoustic guitars and quivering, heavily-effected synths.
|2.||Lady Blue||7.||To Know You|
|3.||A Woman's Wisdom||8.||Adore|
|4.||Japanese Alice||9.||Tv Queen|
|5.||Life Of Pause||10.||Whenever I|
|11.||Love Underneath My Thumb|