|Tow'rs / Great Minimum, The|
|Album:||Great Minimum, The||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-05-01||Pull Date:||2016-07-03|
|Week Ending:||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29||May 22|
|1.||Jul 18, 2016:||ZoëRadio |
The Swan And The East
|4.||May 30, 2016:||Viewer Discretion Advised |
|2.||Jun 10, 2016:||Moonlight Impressions |
|5.||May 28, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|3.||May 31, 2016:||The Library |
|6.||May 20, 2016:||Moonlight Impressions |
This is the second record from Flagstaff, AZ husband and wife duo Tow'rs. Despite the stupid apostrophe in the name, this is seriously one of the best records I have heard in a long time. Definitely classified in the Indie Folk category. This record stands up to my favorites (Lumineers, Head and Heart, etc). Every single song is amazing, the compositions are so beautiful and both of their vocals are incredible. LOVE THIS. Show it some love.|
Favorites: ALL! Seriously I cant choose. Maybe number 2 is my favorite, but they are really all amazing.
1. (4:28) The Kitchen – Best indie folk track in a long long time, think Lumineers…but better. Beautiful harmonies, amazing instrumentation, hauntingly beautiful composition. This record is crazy good. This song is just the beginning.
2. (3:04) The Swan & the East – This song is even better than the first. It almost makes me cry every time I listen to it. The chorus is incredible, moving, builds, “Home is a relative term.”
3. (4:22) Helm – Even more urgent than the last, more amazing harmonies, more great lyrics, heavier instrumentation, everything about it is great. “Just because we are breathing doesn’t mean we are alive.”
4. (4:38) Mindful – Downtempo, focus on the acoustic guitar and strings. So pretty, so many layers. “Is there an answer in the silence?”
5. (3:39) Circles – Another less heavy track, female vocals, the lyrics are really so beautiful on this record, the favorite lyric from this one: “Circles are the perfect shape, to describe the hearts of men, as soon as he finds it here, he goes and comes back again.” Anyway, another hauntingly beautiful track.
6. (3:25) Solace – This one is filled to the brim with sound, builds in 1:30 seconds in, more layers, totally instrumental.
7. (4:29) The Boy & His Shadow – Guitar, vocals, strings, more beautiful simplicity, the chorus is adorable and super catchy.
8. (3:19) Two Sparrows – Super intricate guitar, super mellow, another amazing track.
9. (4:22) Porcelain - False start, followed by more of the same, I didn’t want this record to end. So good cover to cover.
|2.||The Swan And The East||6.||Solace|
|3.||Helm||7.||The Boy And His Shadow|