|Gang Of Youths / Positions, The|
|Add Date:||2016-05-01|| ||Pull Date:||2016-07-03|| |
|Week Ending:||3 Jul||19 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May||8 May|
This is the debut from Australian indie rockers Gang of Youths. SUPER GOOD and very profane for no reason. So there are a lot of awesome songs that aren't playable. Anyway, reminds me kind of The National, Beach Slang, etc. Super good record. Listen and enjoy!|
FCCs: Tracks 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Favorites: 1, 2, 4, 10, **12**
1. (7:24) Vital Signs - This song is really cool, slow tempo and fluctuating volumes, great shuffling drum beat, great lyrics, great melody.
2. (6:27) Poison Drum - Uptempo, kind of reminds me of an early Strokes or Up The Bracket Libertines if they were fronted by the National’s lead singer, really great track, great lyrics, another awesome melody.
3. FCC FUCK (4:54) The Diving Bell - This is my favorite track on the album, but you cant play it, what an amazing song though, please listen to this one and enjoy. (no radio edit on this one)
4. (4:41) Restraint & Release - Poppy, some more synth and drum machine, great song
5. FCC FUCKING (5:12) Magnolia
- Another favorite, of course its s also unplayable, so listen and enjoy or play during safe harbor.
6. FCC SHITTY (4:09) Kansas - Strings, sounds of static and distant echoey vocals, but again you cant play it.
7. FCC SHIT (6:11) Knuckles White Dry - Waltz. Super pretty piano, slow and long.
8. FCC ? (6:53) Radioface – Great song, long build, fast and fun. I heard no FCCs, but they provided a clean version so play that to be safe!
9. FCC ASS, BULLSHIT (7:13) Sjamboksa – Starts with simple drums and ambient guitar, very National-esq, theatrical delivery, another great melody. Builds in with synthy guitar, another great one that you cant play.
10. (7:30) The Overpass – Mid tempo, minimal verses, slight build in the chorus, yet another rad melody, slightly distorted lyrics, great great.
11. RADIO EDIT OF MAGNOLIA
12. RADIO EDIT OF POISON DRUM
13. RADIO EDIT OF RADIOFACE