|Leaver / Head Home|
|Album:||Head Home||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Label:||Amek / Serpent Eve Records|
|Add Date:||2016-05-16||Pull Date:||2016-07-17|
|Week Ending:||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May|
|1.||Jun 11, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|3.||May 28, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|2.||Jun 04, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
|4.||May 14, 2016:||BravoMarco Variety Show |
Reviewed by BravoMarco
New release by Angel Simitchiev (behind the glorious Bulgarian outfit Mytrip) & Daniel Donchov (Expectations) This is perhaps more accessible than the dark ambience associated with the previous projects, although equally as good. Neo folk with minimalist drone flourishes, nice addition of vocals adding another dimension to the already captivating yet somber sounds. Piano performed by Stoimen Stoyanov.
Like: Harm Wulf, To Stowaway, New Bums
All top class - Loving: 4, 7
No FCC’s (vocals on 3,5,6)
1) No Hands (1.24) Melancholy piano.
2) Arrival (5.48) Brooding menace for the first 2 minutes leads to a more delicate guitar-picking feel. The atmosphere constantly changing between the dark & light. Almost 3 tracks in one.
3) Near (2.42) Slow & relaxed with pleasing vocals. Quality neo folk ballad-ering.
4) Words (3.20) Restrained drone menace, underneath the measured guitar.
5) Gloria (4.19) Haunting synths along-side the gentle voice & guitar.
6) Grey (3.12) Vocals are again the focus. Mournful approach working well with the melody.
7) Fog (4.30). Similar sound to The Cure from the early days. Full of bleak promise.
8) Under Your Fingers (1.02) More lively than the first piano piece.
|4.||Words||8.||Under Your Fingers|