|Gold Panda / Good Luck And Do Your Best|
|Album:||Good Luck And Do Your Best||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Gold Panda||Added:||May 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-05-29||Pull Date:||2016-07-31||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jul 31||Jul 24||Jul 17||Jul 10||Jul 3||Jun 26||Jun 19||Jun 12|
|1.||Sep 07, 2021:||Virtually Happy |
|4.||Oct 04, 2017:||The Nick & James Show |
Your Good Times Are Just Beginning
|2.||Jan 25, 2018:||Lucid Lightning: Power Hour |
Pink & Green
|5.||Aug 03, 2017:||moodswings |
|3.||Nov 09, 2017:||moodswings |
Pink & Green
|6.||Jun 08, 2017:||Unusual Programming |
Warm, nostalgic, expansive electronica. Features field recordings, hazy synthesizer and piano, downtempo dreams, and stylistic cues from early IDM.|
RIYL Four Tet, Balam Acab, Caribou, Ghostly label
Favorites: 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9
1. (3:42) * Metal Bird—Breathy vocals and glitchy, stilted electronics. Gets progressively dancier as the song unfolds.
2. (4:28) In My Car—Smooth. Heavy drumming, hushed “oohs” + some high-pitched vocals in the middle section, silvery sounds. Get yr groove on.
3. (4:02) *** Chiba Nights—Playful salsa + house track. This one’s for the dancefloor.
4. (4:14) Pink and Green—Contemplative instrumental. Shuffling, languid beat and some piano. The dawn of springtime.
5. (4:20) Song for a Dead Friend—Vintage IDM chirps, intricate drumming, warped/buzzing sounds.
6. (4:30) ** I am Real Punk—Mostly acoustic track. I guess “real punk” is found in a kind of softness? Starts with delicate guitar and gradually builds in background clouds of synthesizer. Dreamlike.
7. (3:40) ** Autumn Fall—Loud, jarring piano, club-ready beat, gets smoother later on. Hell yeah.
8. (4:11) * Halyards—Downtempo with gleaming piano and muffled vocals. Exudes this pure, radiant cosmic energy. Reminds me a lot of Ulrich Schnauss.
9. (4:53) *** Time Eater—Sharp, stablike sounds and a tight percussion groove. RIYL Death Grips
10. (2:46) Unthank—Sorrowful synths and static ambience. Liturgical in a Tim Hecker way.
11. (3:45) Your Good Times are Just Beginning—Dance track with syncopated, emphatic piano. The name of this track totally just reminded me of last summer’s hype over Jamie xx lol
|1.||Metal Bird||6.||I Am Real Punk|
|2.||In My Car||7.||Autumn Fall|
|4.||Pink & Green||9.||Time Eater|
|5.||Song For A Dead Friend||10.||Unthank|
|11.||Your Good Times Are Just Beginning|