|Add Date:||2016-06-19||Pull Date:||2016-08-21||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Aug 21||Aug 7||Jul 10||Jul 3||Jun 26|
|1.||Aug 17, 2016:||Minimum Entropy
|4.||Jul 09, 2016:||Narnia
|2.||Aug 06, 2016:||Narnia
|5.||Jul 07, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation
|3.||Aug 02, 2016:||Magnetized Toner: Summer Mix 2 (All Formats)
|6.||Jul 01, 2016:||A Visit From Drum
Glitchy, immaculate electronic music by Tokyo producer Keiichi Sugimoto. Sugimoto builds his songs out of detailed loops that grow and expand until you realize you’ve travelled into an unrecognizable landscape. This is a brilliantly produced, diverse album well worth a full listen.
Others: Loscil, Pantha du Prince, Nicolas Jaar, Roly Porter, Helm
Favorites: 1, 3, 2, 4, 8. No FCCs.
1. (6:47) *** Fondu - Cavernous ambient. Little clicky beat starts up accompanied by warped metallic textures. Peaceful middle section. Crackly, pulsing. Totally immersive sound environment. I just turned off the lights in the music office to listen to this so I wouldn’t have any visual stimulation. High pitched tones enter the fray.
2. (6:04) ** Ballonne - Distorted, ominous bass. Off-kilter industrial feel. Like the digestive tract of a monstrous metal beast. Becomes noisier and more chaotic. Descends into a more soothing aquatic pulse.
3. (4:58) ** Eternal Repetition - Immediate backwards rush and complex bell like blips. Spoken, subtly distorted, female japanese vocals. Layers of the glistening melody are gradually peeled back. Beautiful glitch.
4. (8:20) ** Valse - Droning ambient and occasional pulses. Spacious and lonely. Accumulates more depth and effects….really incredible track.
5. (6:15) * En l’Air - Bright stark chords clang against one another. Distant, violently-bowed string instruments. Swirling background ambience.
6. (1:36) Carmine Sync 1 - Glistening glitch.
7. (1:29) Carmine Sync 1 - More hazy, absorbing textures.
8. (5:34) ** Double - Squelching textures. Found sound feel. Becomes a dark ambient dirge punctuated by electric blasts.
|2.||Ballonne||6.||Carmine Sync 1|
|3.||Eternal Repetition||7.||Carmine Sync 2|