Confessional lo-fi acoustic music in the vein of Alex G and the Orchid Tapes family, this time experimenting more with effects. Many songs sound the same but it’s all nice and enveloping and emo.
RIYL Alex G, Little Wings, Your Friend, acoustic Kurt Vile
Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 6, 9
1. (2:12) *** Can’t Stop Thinking—Minor tones, strummed guitar, drum machine, stream of consciousness lyrics. Wistful in a hopeful way.
2. (1:23) Comfy—Chugging bizarre electric guitar jarring with confessional lyrics exploring what’s possible/conditional.
3. (2:57) ** Vacation—Sweet lilting acoustic guitar, stand out vocals, percussion comes in halfway, sounds like more recent Beach Fossils.
4. (2:44) * Recognize—Emo acoustic guitar mixed with some electric fills, lots of “oohs”, so very Alex G <3
5. (3:07) Fakin—(FCC: "fuck") Uptempo, reminds me a lot of Television.
6. (2:06) ** Listener—Mid-2000s Ryan Adams groove going on, slacker acoustic guitar and percussion, male vocals plus some hazy female vocals in the background at times.
7. (5:00) I’m a Life—Echoey effected vocals, round synthesizer, chill bass, lazy music for when a lake beckons.
8. (4:15) Understand—Acoustic guitar and some synthesizer, pining male and female vocals, emo.
9. (3:35) ** Show Up Show—Lots of effects, clear forthright vocals, really pretty, like Kurt Vile’s Smoke Ring for my Halo.
10. (2:38) New Years—Faster acoustic guitar, frantic and hoping.