|Tomemitsu / Loaf Eye|
|Label:||Chill Mega Chill|
|Add Date:||2016-06-19||Pull Date:||2016-08-21|
|Week Ending:||21 Aug||7 Aug|
|1.||Sat, 20 Aug 16:||Eme O|
|3.||Fri, 05 Aug 16:||DJ Aporia|
Life Aquatic (Raudra)
|2.||Tue, 16 Aug 16:||SOL·MAX·ION|
Clean Copper Radio
|4.||Thu, 16 Jun 16:||DJ Aporia|
Confessional lo-fi acoustic music in the vein of Alex G and the Orchid Tapes family, this time experimenting more with effects. Many songs sound the same but it’s all nice and enveloping and emo.|
RIYL Alex G, Little Wings, Your Friend, acoustic Kurt Vile
Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 6, 9
1. (2:12) *** Can’t Stop Thinking—Minor tones, strummed guitar, drum machine, stream of consciousness lyrics. Wistful in a hopeful way.
2. (1:23) Comfy—Chugging bizarre electric guitar jarring with confessional lyrics exploring what’s possible/conditional.
3. (2:57) ** Vacation—Sweet lilting acoustic guitar, stand out vocals, percussion comes in halfway, sounds like more recent Beach Fossils.
4. (2:44) * Recognize—Emo acoustic guitar mixed with some electric fills, lots of “oohs”, so very Alex G <3
5. (3:07) Fakin—(FCC: "fuck") Uptempo, reminds me a lot of Television.
6. (2:06) ** Listener—Mid-2000s Ryan Adams groove going on, slacker acoustic guitar and percussion, male vocals plus some hazy female vocals in the background at times.
7. (5:00) I’m a Life—Echoey effected vocals, round synthesizer, chill bass, lazy music for when a lake beckons.
8. (4:15) Understand—Acoustic guitar and some synthesizer, pining male and female vocals, emo.
9. (3:35) ** Show Up Show—Lots of effects, clear forthright vocals, really pretty, like Kurt Vile’s Smoke Ring for my Halo.
10. (2:38) New Years—Faster acoustic guitar, frantic and hoping.
|1.||Can't Stop Thinking||6.||Listener|
|2.||Comfy||7.||I'm A Life|
|4.||Recognize||9.||Show Up Show|