|Lone / Levitate|
|Add Date:||2016-06-27||Pull Date:||2016-08-28||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Aug 7||Jul 31||Jul 17||Jul 10||Jul 3|
|1.||Mar 22, 2018:||Lucid Lightning: Power Hour |
|4.||Dec 03, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|2.||Sep 30, 2017:||night tapes 14 |
|5.||Aug 04, 2016:||Life Aquatic |
|3.||Dec 16, 2016:||Life Aquatic (Best of '16, part 1) |
|6.||Jul 26, 2016:||Hysteresis History |
Vapour Trail, Sea Of Tranquility
90s rave revivalism dreamt up from British producer Matt Cutler’s fever-induced hallucinations. Levitate’s tight 30-minute explosion packs in intense breakbeats, kick drums, hip-hop tempos, and colorful synthesizer. Its sequencing mirrors a rave comedown, beginning with unstoppable beats and gradually fading to a sparkling haze.|
1. (3:19) ** Alpha Wheel—Thick, enveloping breakbeats and a syncopated chord progression. Brief softer passage with hushed vocals in the middle that’s channeled similarly at the end.
2. (4:31) Backtail Was Heavy—Rough, pummeling breakbeats and a synth melody that brings to mind Aphex Twin.
3. (1:36) The Morning Birds—Restless intermezzo from underwater.
4. (4:31) *** Vapour Trail—Pillowy kick drums, snares, bleeps and bloops, and hip hop-style vocals.
5. (3:36) **** Triple Helix—Sweltering synths and relentless breakbeats that never lose momentum, even in the offbeat.
6. (2:39) * Breeze Out—Sweeping golden ambience and chimes with rapping about how “it all comes down to girls that break your heart.”
7. (3:57) Sleepwalkers—Pensive electronic loops, major tones, shuffling beat.
8. (4:59) *** Sea of Tranquility—Ascending, gleaming synthesizer and heavy, diamond-encrusted breakbeats. Quite sublime.
9. (4:05) Hiraeth—Grand ambient finish.
|1.||Alpha Wheel||5.||Triple Helix|
|2.||Backtail Was Heavy||6.||Breeze Out|
|3.||The Morning Birds||7.||Sleepwalkers|
|4.||Vapour Trail||8.||Sea Of Tranquility|