|Add Date:||2016-06-19|| ||Pull Date:||2016-08-21|| |
|Week Ending:||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||10 Jul||3 Jul|
An experiment in growing pains and righteous fury, courtesy of some teens from Catalonia. |
RIYL The Kills, Ex Hex, Bully, Speedy Ortiz
Favorites: 3, 5, 6, 9, 10
1. (1:38) Flee—Crashing cascading guitar jam, minimal bass.
2. (2:14) Evil Dead—Wailing, discordant.
3. (1:48) * Brother Brother—Sounds like the previous track but with more of an anchored groove. Forthright.
4. (1:56) Howard—Quieter and louder passages, unassuming vocals, punky.
5. (2:37) *** The Unexpected—Gloomy post-punk influenced headbanger with searing guitars. Empowering.
6. (2:31) * Storyteller—Solo electric guitar, vaguely funk groove, cheeky lyrics, dreamy sense of ascension until the more aggressive last minute.
7. (2:38) Gertrudis, Get Through This!—Fast-paced anthem, simple lyrics, brings to mind Ringo Deathstarr.
8. (1:37) President Bullshit—More loud and angry.
9. (2:13) ** I am a Chicken—Languid bass groove, patiently strummed electric guitars, somber.
10. (2:06) * Second Sage—Peppier guitars, power chords and freestyle improvisation, total jam.
11. (1:26) Irrational Friend—Loud, goes nowhere. Eh.
12. (3:26) Fry Me—Melancholic, pained. Bass-driven groove. “Keep faking you care.”