|Staples, Mavis / Livin' On A High Note|
|Album:||Livin' On A High Note||Collection:||Blues|
|Add Date:||2016-07-04||Pull Date:||2016-09-04||Charts:||Blues|
|Week Ending:||4 Sep||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul|
|1.||Dec 16, 2019:||Everything |
|4.||Jan 22, 2017:||Emergency Crew - MHZ |
|2.||Nov 15, 2019:||Traditions |
|5.||Sep 05, 2016:||Everything A to Z week 57 |
|3.||Oct 14, 2019:||Everything 151 |
|6.||Sep 01, 2016:||Emergency Crew |
Living On A High Note
Well Produced, mainstream release from 76 year old former singer of The Staple Singers, currently (2016) opening for Bob Dylan on his summer tour.
1. Rock feel, and sudden end
2. Acoustic guitar intro. Preachy.
3. Soul. A mellow groove.
4. Shineymic likes this one. Action Doin’ it A to Z! A sign of emergency.
5. Title track: bright and bouncy
6. A nice sympathetic plea for understanding - short.
7. No intro. Great advise. Trombone solo. Cold end.
8. Slow and steady, a ballad about life ends cold.
9. Question song, and very short, with backgrounds featured.
10. Minimal for this record, just guitar and voice.
11. A Nick Cave song. Also pretty minimal. Slow fade.
12. Words by Martin Luther King, acoustic guitar accompaniment.
|1.||Take Us Back||6.||Don't Cry|
|2.||Love And Trust||7.||Tomorrow|
|3.||If It's A Light||8.||Dedicated|
|5.||High Note||10.||Jesus Lay Down Beside Me|
|11.||M. L. K. Song|