|Add Date:||2016-07-04||Pull Date:||2016-09-04|
|Week Ending:||Sep 4||Aug 28||Aug 21||Aug 14||Aug 7||Jul 31||Jul 24||Jul 17|
|1.||Sep 01, 2016:||The Library
|4.||Aug 20, 2016:||Music Casserole
|2.||Aug 25, 2016:||a strange pursuit
I Don't Want To Be Alone
|5.||Aug 18, 2016:||a strange pursuit
|3.||Aug 20, 2016:||Stringless Balloon - Creepy Early Bedtime Stories
|6.||Aug 14, 2016:||Life Aquatic
1. (4:08) Hesperus—Jangly, soulful guitar rock with some crunchy garage moments. Quite Sub Pop.
2. (4:31) *** Antony—Soaring, skyward, open-road rock in the vein of The War on Drugs. One of the greatest songs of 2016.
3. (3:47) ** Knife—Anthemic guitar rock fueled by pent-up nervous energy. Totally blown-out blues jam from 2:20 until the end that recalls a more hard-hitting Rose Windows. I could listen to this forever. “Yeah there’s a shadow on my face in the shape of the light / You got me talking to myself in my sleep at night.”
4. (3:15) Baby—Fuzzed-out, muddy, indistinctive garage rock.
5. (3:56) * Known to Run—Slower, acoustic, vocal-driven. Very Mazzy Star. Nice slide guitar in last minute.
6. (3:57) ** Settle Down—Fast-paced and never loses momentum. Acoustic guitar and gorgeous chiming electric guitars. Loads on the reverb in the last 1.5 minutes. Oh, how I adore this.
7. (2:52) Natural State—Clean, bright guitar tone and bored vocals. Mostly just messing around with the guitars. Feels like a less lo-fi early Best Coast—that same kind of endearing simplicity.
8. (2:59) * I Don’t Want to Be Alone—Slow, enveloping shoegaze. Dead ringer for Jesus and Mary Chain’s “Just Like Honey”.
9. (4:02) Brooklyn Bowl—Glowing and youthful at start. Goes nowhere...
10. (4:05) North—Acoustic with some electric fills at times and prominent vocals. All guitar, drums, and minimal bass in last two minutes. Birds field recording in last minute.
|3.||Knife||8.||I Don't Want To Be Alone|
|5.||Known To Run||10.||North|