|Various Artists / Sameheart|
|Add Date:||2016-07-19||Pull Date:||2016-09-18||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul|
|1.||Sep 20, 2016:||Celtic By Caronis |
Red Velvet In Winter, Kana Maloundi, Somebody’S Knocking, Ala Ta Ye Tougnaye
|4.||Aug 10, 2016:||Laptop Radio |
Ala Ta Ye Tougnaye, Sweet World
|2.||Aug 21, 2016:||Dj YJ's World Variety -Sampler |
|5.||Aug 06, 2016:||Music Casserole |
Ala Ta Ye Tougnaye
|3.||Aug 16, 2016:||DJ YJ's Cultural Tidbits: Third Culture Kid |
|6.||Aug 05, 2016:||World Sampler |
Ghana, Sweet World
This album features soundtracks from “Same Heart”, a film that explores extreme child poverty around the world. Features multilingual tracks from artists around the world, including Ghana, Morocco, Senegal, and the US.|
*Favorite tracks: 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 16****(possible FCC)
Possible FCC in track 16, “hell”, but used in a literal context in a song promoting peace.
**1. (4:05) Ala Ta Ye Tougnaye: Lively, energetic voice, yet surprisingly therapeutic and soothing! A combination of modern guitars and traditional arrangement. Transitions into chorus format. Mystical, but with a cheerful twist, filled with hope! Backup male vocals towards the end.
2. (4:01) Somebody’s Knocking: Mystical atmosphere, wind intro, ambient sounds. Divine like chant, spiritual calling for nature, throughout the song. Almost like the singer is having a conversation with nature. Mixes well with percussion in the background. Really feels like somebody is “knocking” at your heart!
**3. (6:09) Kana Maloundi: Harp plucking during intro and throughout song. Powerful, raspy male vocal, followed by soothing flutes, and alternates. A reflection of a life moment perhaps? A call for peace?
4. (3:59) Nama: Sax + traditional percussion, fast paced beat! Energetic beginning. Xylophone/marimba style sounds + drums in background. Sax gives a jazz flavor to the song. Definitely a pick up in speed compared to previous songs! Will wake you up from your state of calmness/reflection and get you energized. Second half has lots of fast xylophone.
5. (5:45) Red Velvet in Winter: Instrumental piano track. A gloomy, somber theme throughout the song.
6. (6:33) Say La: A solemn cry to start. String bass plucking, Interesting use of synthesizers, song picks up in speed around 1 min mark.
**7. (3:52) Ghana: Violins, bass, guitar, some accordions. Overall cheerful instrumental track. Nice violin accompaniment! Song picks up in speed. Makes me want to visit the country of Ghana.
**8. (3:55) Longing: Instrumental track. Relaxing, calming sax intro. Slow, jazzy feeling. Piano fill in. Like taking a walk through a path, pensive, about the beauties of life. Makes you reflect. High sax towards the end!Percussion 9 beats
**9. (5:11) Flying Dombra: Nice string intro! Guitars and bass. Really cool female vocals with a simple repeating melody.
**10. (3:39) No Borders: By Malika Zarra, Moroccan born French American singer. Her songs usually include a mix of Arabic, Berber, and French. Jazz, with elements of traditional Moroccan styles.
11. (5:23) Spirit of Sound: Gloomy and mysterious! An adventure through a dark night. Lots of bass.
**12. (5:39) Houaria: Another song by Malika Zarra. Soothing intro chant. Later accompanied by piano chords and bass, with some guitar. Brings peace to your heart.
13. (5:40) Tanktified: Jazz piano instrumental. With a beat that makes you want to dance. Gets REALLY intense towards the end!
14. (4:01) Mean World: A passionate cry about the sorrows of the world. The saxophones and percussion seem to speak more than the words themselves, and the song intensifies, like a roller coaster and takes you on a wild journey of the difficult rumbles of life.
15. (3:05) All We Got: Hip hop in English. With synthesizer and beats. A song about perseverance, independence, and going through hard times..
**16. (5:15) Sweet World: **POSSIBLE FCC “HELL” ** Sound of the early morning aurora sounds, or perhaps nightfall? Dreamy, calm, birds chanting, hopeful. Traveling through the horizons. Lyrics deliver a message of hope for the world, of love, peace, and joy. Beautiful visions and aspirations for a more inclusive, sweet world. A nice wrap up song for an evening show!