|Deerhoof / Magic, The|
|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2016-08-29||Pull Date:||2016-10-31|
|Week Ending:||30 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep|
|1.||Fri, 28 Jul 17:||dog|
special show w/ dominic
|4.||Fri, 28 Oct 16:||Kray Bae Bae|
|2.||Wed, 19 Jul 17:||dog|
day tapes #2
|5.||Thu, 27 Oct 16:||Shay Z|
All Passion No Technique
|3.||Tue, 01 Nov 16:||Dj Arid & DJ Bear|
|6.||Fri, 14 Oct 16:||DJ McGriddle & Kray Bae Bae|
Newest release from Deerhoof, awesome record, super weird as always. It's a little bit punk, a little bit funk, a little bit rock-n-roll, and a whole lot of greatness. Deerhoof fans rejoice!!|
Favorite tracks: 2, 3, 6, 12, 15....but all of them are great.
1. I3:15) The Devil And His Anarchic Surrealist Retinue - Great polyrhythm, awesome transitions, very Deerhoof and very good.
2. (2:43) Kafe Mania! - Heavy guitar, heavy drums, uptempo, awesome.
3. (1:53) That Ain't No Life To Me - More punk rock, male vocals.
4. (3:36) Life Is Suffering - This sounds like more OG Deerhoof. It is obviously great.
5. (5:01) Criminals Of The Dream - Synth intro into that Deerhoof sound.
6. (2:35) Model Behavior - Love this one, super funky, "Do-re-mi-fa!"
7. (3:16) Learning To Apologize Effectively - Mid-tempo, lots of keyboard, lots of drums.
8. (2:10) Dispossessor - more male vocals, great melody.
9. (1:37) I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire - a little funky, lots of dissonance.
10. (3:01) Acceptance Speech - Uptempo, more driving melodies, a lot to like here.
11. (0:47) Patrasche Come Back - Flat guitar, more of the same.
12. (2:54) Debut - This one is great, awesome bass line.
13. (2:02) Plastic Thrills - Fuzzy guitar, driving drum beat, male vox.
14. (2:57) Little Hollywood - More of the same fuzz, male vocals.
15. (2:42) Nurse Me - This one is great too, more of the same, but one of my favorites.