Fourth full length release from Brooklyn based Yeasayer. Not my favorite of their albums holistically, but the single is really really good and there are some other gems for sure. So I highly recommend tracks 2 and 3, and then you can judge the rest for yourself, but it has gotten a little too strange for my taste.
Favorite: 3, 2, 10 and 12.
1. (1:54) Daughters Of Cain - Acoustic intro, then harmonic and psychedelic sounding.
2. (5:01) I Am Chemistry - Super cool track, kind of cool word play, awesome melody.
3. (3:23) Silly Me - This song is really really really good. Great melody, weird sounds, dance around and enjoy!!
4. (4:17) Half Asleep - Sleepy and a little creepy, still do love that yeasayer vocal sound though.
5. (3:25) Dead Sea Scrolls - Uptempo, electronic.
6. (3:59) Prophecy Gun - Super boring.
7. (0:29) Computer Canticle 1 - Dissonant interlude.
8. (2:56) Divine Simulacrum - Another boring track.
9. (1:00) Child Prodigy - Cool little harpsichord interlude.
10. (5:07) Gerson's Whistle - This is another one of the good ones. Mid tempo, cool harmonies, great melody.
11. (3:13) Uma - Another snooze.
12. (4:13) Cold Night - I really like this one, mid-tempo, cool instrumentation, lots of cool transitions.
13. (0:36) Amen & Goodbye - One last interlude.