This is the first full length record from California indie pop group, The Grumble. We had their EP last year. It is pretty straight forward indie pop, but the hooks are undeniable and it is a solid and fun album. RIYL: Phoenix, Weezer, Grouplove
FCCs: Track 3
Favorite tracks: 5, 11,
1. Overture - Instrumental intro track.
2. Real Sympathy - Mid/uptempo, great vocals, mellow and sweet.
3. FCC Shit Slam - This is my favorite track, but you can't play it.
4. Desole Pt. I - Synthy intro to the next track
5. Desole Pt. Ii - This song is awesome, infections, big, hand claps, awesome.
6. Don't Stand A Chance - Downtempo, super pretty, lots of synth, lots of harmonies.
7. Et Al - Rain sounds, strings to start with a steady drum beat later.
8. Nyc Frog - Really pretty piano driven melody in an acoustic track.
9. Again - Strings and drums, almost a 50s feel, slow and pretty.
10. Creepy Introduction - Another string interlude
11. Creepy Jr. - This is another favorite, more of the same, but seriously one of my favorite melodies.
12. Jane - Mid tempo, and more of the same great melodies.
13. You Don't Know - Slow and interesting instrumentally.
14. Danny King - This one feels super Weezer-y, and I love every bit of it!