|Dinosaur Jr / Give A Glimpse Of What Yer Not|
|Album:||Give A Glimpse Of What Yer Not||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-09-05||Pull Date:||2016-11-07|
|Week Ending:||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep|
|1.||Thu, 04 Jul 19:||chickpea and onion boy|
|4.||Tue, 07 Mar 17:||Ogrelord|
|2.||Wed, 29 May 19:||DJ Stace|
|5.||Wed, 09 Nov 16:||DJ Stace|
|3.||Thu, 08 Feb 18:||chickpea and onion boy|
|6.||Wed, 02 Nov 16:||DJ Stace|
Alternative rock. Progenitors of the alt rock movement of the 90’s are still, somehow, making music. Think 90’s rock--layers of guitar, walking beats--but with guitar solos that hearken back to an earlier era. Quiet drawling voice with lyrics that don’t matter all that much, and a warm, rich sound. Echoes of Sonic Youth and earlier Dinosaur Jr. Not terribly experimental or shocking but that’s ok.|
Recommended: 1, 2, 7, 10, 11. No FCCs.
1) “Goin Down” (4:03): Warm, rich sound, although the lyrics are quite agitated. “Are you with me when I’m gone?”
2) “Tiny” (3:12): Old-school guitar solo.
3) “Be a Part” (4:38): Solid beat and some interweaving guitars.
4) “I Told Everyone” (3:40): Extended fancy ending.
5) “Love Is…” (3:40): Almost more of a folk edge to this one, which is nice. Long guitar solo.
6) “Good to Know” (3:28): A little brighter and denser.
7) “I Walk for Miles” (5:35): This is pretty cool. Heavy on the low end. Fake-out of an ending around the halfway mark. Some nice passion.
8) “Lost All Day” (5:06): Feels like a walk around the neighborhood. He’s been lost all day, thinking about the ex-girlfriend.
9) “Knocked Around” (4:46): Gentler voice and a softer tone. More cymbals. Nice little injection of energy at the end.
10) “Mirror” (4:17): This is actually quite catchy. Hard pulls on the guitar.
11) “Left/Right” (3:52): Walking pace. Catchy. Lots of little stages--unexpectedly complex.
|1.||Goin Down||6.||Good To Know|
|2.||Tiny||7.||I Walk For Miles|
|3.||Be A Part||8.||Lost All Day|
|4.||I Told Everyone||9.||Knocked Around|