|Olsen, Angel / My Woman|
|Add Date:||2016-09-12||Pull Date:||2016-11-14|
|Week Ending:||13 Nov||6 Nov||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct||25 Sep||18 Sep|
|1.||Jan 13, 2022:||Down in The Basement |
|4.||Feb 27, 2019:||nearby galaxies |
Those Were The Days
|2.||Jul 21, 2021:||Quite Gnarly (rebroadcast from Dec 8, 2017) |
Heart Shaped Face
|5.||Feb 20, 2019:||nearby galaxies |
Heart Shaped Face
|3.||Nov 26, 2019:||Magnetized Toner: With Guest DJs Pixel and DJ Away |
Not Gonna Kill You
|6.||Nov 09, 2018:||Tell Me I'm Pretty |
Shut Up Kiss Me
RIYL- Joan Baez, Jack White, Sallie Ford|
Equal parts rock n’ roll, pop, and classic country, this record stands out from artists with a similar sound because of Olsen’s truly unique and heartwarming voice as well as her quality of lyrics. It’s front loaded with the more hard rocking songs, and then goes slow and smooth, in the best way. When you finish dancing through the first five tracks, sit back and let her incredible voice swaddle you in warmth for the rest of the record, starting with “Heart Shaped Face.” Number 7 is nearly 8 minutes, but don’t let that be a turnoff. It is well worth airtime somewhere. -iota
1. ! Intern 2:46—Cool space age intro, very different from the rest of the record
2. Never Be Mine 3:40—Classic Angel Olsen country-esque pop rock
3. !!!! Shut Up Kiss Me 3:31—Attitude alert! I love this one. Rock n’ roll!
4. Give It Up 3:21—Woohoo rock n’ roll!
5. Not Gonna Kill You 4:56—Somewhat unremarkable rock
6. !!!!! Heart Shaped Face 5:32—Slows things down here, and it’s a beauty
7. !!!!! Sister 7:45—Shows off her voice better than the other songs. Climactic last two minutes. I love it so much.
8. !!!!! Those Were The Days 4:17—Swooning warm guitar, smooooth drums. This one swings.
9. Woman 7:33—Romantic ballad.
10. Pops 4:41—Just piano and vocals end things on a somber note.
|1.||Intern||6.||Heart Shaped Face|
|2.||Never Be Mine||7.||Sister|
|3.||Shut Up Kiss Me||8.||Those Were The Days|
|4.||Give It Up||9.||Woman|
|5.||Not Gonna Kill You||10.||Pops|