|Album:||Live At Third Man Records||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Death From Above 1979||Added:||Sep 2016|
|Label:||Third Man Records|
|Add Date:||2017-04-12||Pull Date:||2017-06-14|
|Week Ending:||May 28||May 14||May 7||Apr 30||Apr 23||Apr 16|
|1.||May 25, 2017:||Sound and Solidarity
|4.||May 04, 2017:||Sound and Solidarity
|2.||May 13, 2017:||Homeroom
|5.||Apr 27, 2017:||Sound and Solidarity
|3.||May 12, 2017:||Homeroom
Right On Frankenstein
|6.||Apr 27, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants
The Physical World
RIYL QOTSA, The Rapture, The White Stripes, The Stones? (apparently Mick Jagger was in the audience)
no FCCs detected
Recommended tracks: 1, 3, 11
1. (3:26) Modulated start, hurried vocals rocking out, then ending with a slower, crackly guitar line. An ode to Frankenstein.
2. (3:37) Computerized voice leading into a big guitar smash, but the sound is a bit repetitive.
3. (2:51) Super energetic hi-hat punctuating a full-bodied guitar spiraling into oblivion.
4. (5:12) Midtempo rocking, pausing, thoughtful lyrics about death. Heavy on the drums, as always.
5. (4:25) Begins with the voice of an old newscast. Falsetto crooning with guitars churning. Crash and burn lyrics.
6. (2:41) Electric guitar screaming, high energy shredding, over in an instant. Sad.
7. (5:16) Starts with a nice instrumental lead-in, but that’s all that manages to differentiate it from the other tracks. The usual guitar and crooning.
8. (2:59) Guitar reverb to rattle your brain. Not the tightest combination of drums and guitar, but a cool use of the guitar to sound like a siren.
9. (3:37) Hi-hat like a ticking bomb with reverb before the usual rocking. Protest the police.
10. (3:13) Rock anthem feel from an actively moving guitar line, punctuated by tambourine.
11. (3:39) A computerized beep-boop twinkle with heavy rocking, an ominous portent of what’s to come.
|1.||Right On Frankenstein||6.||Gemini|
|3.||Going Steady||8.||Go Home Get Down|
|4.||White Is Red||9.||Government Trash|
|5.||Trainwreck 1979||10.||Always On|
|11.||The Physical World|