|Eljuri / La Lucha|
|Add Date:||2016-10-11||Pull Date:||2016-12-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 Dec||4 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct|
|1.||Dec 10, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Nov 19, 2016:||Music Casserole |
|2.||Dec 01, 2016:||Clean Copper Radio |
|5.||Nov 02, 2016:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Nov 22, 2016:||Clean Copper Radio |
|6.||Oct 29, 2016:||Music Casserole |
Cecilia Villar Eljuri is of Ecudorian heritage, who grew up in New York City. She is a guitarist, singer and composer with a love for rock music that is clearly reflected in her new album LA LUCHA. This album is a mix of Rock/Reggae/Latin music that at times reminds you of the music of Gloria Estefan, U2, Santana and others. You hear their influences in the various tracks.|
I have had to resort to American/European rock bands for comparison, and this is for contextual reasons, and not to diminish Eljur’s music.
All tracks in the album work.
1. Bright sounding track + wonderful acoustic guitar.
2. Regge-tinged track with sultry vocals.
3. Slow number.
4. Reminds you of American rock bands from the 1980s.
5. Has a U2ish quality about it. A song on injustice.
6. Peppy rock song in English. She sounds a little bit like Gloria Estefan.
7. Slow track with a nice Latin flavor.
8. The guitar riffs are decidedly from the world of Reggae.Slow & languid kind of song in Spanish with that Reggae style
9. Medium temp song, which fuses rock music with Spanish vocals.
10. Again, am reminded of Gloria Estefan.Vocals in Spanish/English with a smidgen of melancholia.
11. A bit of that U2/Police influence in this rock-inspired track in Spanish.
Kamla September 30, 2016
|1.||La Lucha||6.||Right Back|
|3.||El Viento||8.||Quier Saber|
|4.||Nunca Volvere||9.||Luz Roja|