|Pixies / Head Carrier|
|Label:||Play It Again Sam Records|
|Add Date:||2017-07-26||Pull Date:||2017-09-27|
|Week Ending:||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug||20 Aug||13 Aug|
|1.||Sep 14, 2022:||Zootopia |
|4.||Aug 18, 2022:||Zootopia |
|2.||Sep 03, 2022:||Zootopia |
|5.||Aug 18, 2022:||Zootopia |
|3.||Aug 30, 2022:||Zootopia |
|6.||Aug 16, 2022:||Zootopia |
Might As Well Be Gone
Pixies’s Head Carrier is the second album of new material of the current Kim Deal-less period. It has polarized everybody who cares about the band. Some people have dismissed the whole thing altogether, while others have given it a chance and go with the flow. One thing I could tell you is that it is not Indie Cindy. Head Carrier is actually a notable recording. It’s cohesive and ambitious and has great rhythmic acceleration overall. On some tracks, they even sound pissed off (Classic Pixies trademark). The best surprise of the album is the abundant and impressive participation of their latest band member, bass player Paz Lenchantin. She not only continues the legacy of Kim Deal by doing beautiful backing vocals but also sings lead on a couple of tracks that by the way, are some of the best on the album. A stack of new recordings that will fit well with the classic catalog.|
FCC WARNING: 6, 10 – CLEAN VERSIONS AVAILABLE
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6 [FCC], 8, 10 [FCC], 11
1. (3:37) **Head Carrier – Medium-up tempo. Pixies trademarks all over. Killer ending riff. Loud guitars.
2. (2:37) *Classic Masher – Medium-up tempo rocker. Male/female vocals. Melody influenced by 1980s pop.
3. (1:54) Baal's Back – Metal time. Loud medium-up tempo recording. Angry vocals.
4. (2:48) *Might As Well Be Gone – Medium tempo piece. Inspired. Familiar Pixies sound emerging.
5. (3:38) Oona – Classic Pixies guitars. Catchy melody.
6. (2:12) **Talent– FCC (Fucking up). Upbeat tempo track. Great vocals and guitars. The single of the album. Pixies sound galore. Clean version – track #13.
7. (2:57) Tenement Song – More classic Pixies guitars. Medium-up tempo recording. Ode to the early 1990s alternative rock era. Male/female vocals.
8. (3:12) *Bel Esprit – Medium-up tempo. Pixies sing a long. Solid track.
9. (3:07) All I Think About Now – The tribute to Kim Deal. Where Is My Mind? Guitar riff lead the way. Nice vocals.
10. (3:00) ***Um Chagga Lagga – FCC (Shit). Upbeat recording. Impressive. Like an old Pixies track. Solid guitar work.
11. (2:06) **Plaster Of Paris – Medium-up tempo tune. Cool song. 21st century Pixies sound? You can say that.
12. (2:41) All The Saints – Pixies ballad. Now you know.
13. (2:11) **Talent (Clean Edit) – Clean version of track 6.
14. (2:52) ***Um Chagga Lagga (Clean Edit) – Clean version of track 10.