7th record from Boston soul and Lake Street Dive. This record is so incredibly fun. Vintage feel, TONS of soul, and a lot of fun and playfullness. Her voice is out of this world and the record is killer over all. Also, I have seen them live, and it is an incredible show if you ever get a chance you should go see them. RIYL: Heartless Bastards and Alabama Shakes.
Favorites: this record is solid cover to cover...start with 1, 2, 5, 7, and 8
1. (3:47) Godawful Things - Awesome and insanely fun lead in to this record. You get that vintage feel right off and it just makes you want to dance.
2. (4:18) Close To Me - Mid tempo, tons of soul and awesome harmonies. Reminds me of Heartless Bastards.
3. (3:25) Call Off Your Dogs - Uptempo, early disco feel.
4. (2:32) Spectacular Failure - Uptempo, another great melody.
5. (3:38) I Don't Care About You - Midtempo soulful rock, great track.
6. (2:45) So Long - Downtempo acoustic ballad.
7. (2:14) How Good It Feels - Love this one. Midtempo. Smooth like butter, her voice is incredible. "How good it feels to be alone!"
8. (3:02) Side Pony - This one is insanely fun, uptempo and playful "because I rock a sidepony"
9. (3:24) Hell Yeah - Uptempo, rock n roll, hand claps.
10. (4:08) Mistakes - Mid tempo, awesome horns and keys.
11. (3:25) Can't Stop - Horns and strings another almost disco vibe. Huge sound. Awesome.
12. (3:44) Saving All My Sinning - Midtempo and funky.