Fifth record from established Canadian indie rockers Hot Hot Heat. I was also pleasantly surprised by this record, super good uptempo indie rock. A couple of real gems on this one.
Favorites: 1, 3, 5
1. (2:58) Kid Who Stay In The Picture - Uptempo indie-pop. Feel good and catchy.
2. (3:14) Modern Mind - Key driven and cool overlapping vocal parts.
3. (3:26) Pulling Levers - Starts with some cool piano, synthy throughout and a great melody.
4. (3:17) Bobby Joan Sex Tap - Uptempo, more of the same.
5. (5:03) Magnitude - Mid tempo, a little more pop than rock, feels like old Rooney to me, which I love.
6. (2:30) Mayor Of The City - This one is trying too hard to be weird.
7. (2:09) Alaskan Midnight Sun - More of the same. Another super catchy track.
8. (2:31) Comeback Of The Century - Same again.
9. (3:07) Sad Sad Situation - Uptempo, but a little whiny.
10. (2:39) The Memory's Here - Echoey, repetitive, midtempo.