Third release from one of my all time favorite bands out of LA, Grouplove. I LOVE THIS RECORD!! I am such a huge Grouplove fan, and this record is even better than the last. There are really only a couple of duds. Most of the songs make me want to get in a convertible, roll down the window, blast this album and sing at the top of my lungs. Indie-pop lovers rejoice! :)
FCCs: Tracks 7 and 8
Favorites: ALL!! Start with 1, 3, 4, and 6
1. (3:48) Welcome To Your Life - Synth and samples, guitar builds in. Such an awesome lead. So fun
2. (3:51) Do You Love Someone - Typical Grouplove. Great melody, snaps and synth builds into shouting at the chorus. Jump around to this one.
3. (4:16) Standing In The Sun - Acoustic guitar, clapping and snapping. Again builds at the chorus. Maybe my favorite. So much feel goodness in this one.
4. (3:53) Enlighten Me - Super cool track, dreamy effects, piano and a stellar drum beat. Love.
5. (3:40) Good Morning - Another signature Grouplove song, horn samples, nonsensical lyrics. Tons of fun.
6. (4:02) Spinning - Another favorite. Indie pop to the extreme. Best melody on the record, call and response, so good.
7. (3:18) Cannon Ball - FCC fucking. Drum machine and heavy bass. This is the riot track on this record, fast lyrics and shouting at the chorus.
8. (3:00) Traumatized - FCC fucking. Upbeat rocker.
9. (3:16) Heart Of Mine - Upbeat pop track. More of the same awesome.
10. (3:01) Don't Stop Making It Happen - Another awesome track. Dance and be happy.
11. (4:11) Hollywood - Piano and awesome vocal melody and harmonies. Rest of the band comes in around 1:20.