Great B-side from this young and talented folk band’s Birds Say album. Talented instrumentals and beautiful voices. These four band members met in an a capella group at Williams College and have their harmonies to show for it. Great banjo, cello, acoustic guitar, mandolin, vocals, and lyrics. No FCCs. Favorite: number 4.
1. (4:39) ***Folky, beautiful harmonies, lots of string plucking, oohing and ahing. Woodsy like its name.
2. (3:46) **Upbeat, slow, sweet voices, more oohing and ahing.
3. (3:10) ***Sounds almost Christmas-music esc in the quippy harmonies that rise and get louder as the song proceeds. Upbeat and fast paced. Incredible string instrumentals. Quality lyrics.
4. (3:20) ****Favorite song on the record. Unique, great harmony, very catchy. Sounded great live too! Sticks with you.
5. (4:06) **Sweet and emotive lyrics. Slow and plucky.