Great big band jazz/blues sound with stylish & sophisticated vocals. (It’s a toss up whether this should be filed in blues or jazz.) The band is top notch with amazing horns. The arrangements are tight with some amazing solos. He’s a no-frills vocalist with a great sound and he rocks that harp, throwing down some serious blues/soul/jazz sounds. Each track is worth a play.
1. Uptempo w/great vox and good solos on harp & horns.
2. Fast & catchy w/tight vocal harmonies.
3. Midtempo w/a delicious retro lounge feel, then picks up.
4. Slow and soulful, bluesy vocals lead into midtempo.
5. Midtempo w/great touches of bluesy keyboards.
6. Playful blues walking with great harp/horn solos.
7. Solid mostly upbeat jam, rocking harp & organ. Yow!
8. Slow, stripped-down lament. Soulful.
9. Mostly midtempo w/a sold bounce.
10. Big band instrumental, mostly midtempo and so good.