|Exterminators / Product Of America|
|Album:||Product Of America||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2016-11-30||Pull Date:||2017-02-01|
|Week Ending:||22 Jan||18 Dec||11 Dec|
|1.||Feb 02, 2017:||a strange pursuit |
|4.||Dec 15, 2016:||Emergency Crew DanceOff add All Passion add Alsal |
I Hate You
|2.||Jan 19, 2017:||a strange pursuit |
|5.||Dec 08, 2016:||1100866 |
|3.||Jan 18, 2017:||Brownian Motion |
|6.||Dec 07, 2016:||Brownian Motion |
I Hate You
Genres: Punk Rock|
Track 4. Bionic Girl: “goddam” at 0:31
Track 5. Cream of My Dream: “you give me a boner” in the chorus at 0:30-0:31, 1:20-1:21
Track 7. First and Last: “fucking” at 0:14-0:16
Track 9. I Don't Give a Fuck: “I don’t give a fuck” 9 times in first 20 seconds; repeats again at 0:52 and 1:37
Track 13. Gimme Head: “Gimme Head” from 0:40 to the end
Track 16. Serena II: “like a woman making to cover her breasts” at 2:20-2:23, “bitch” 2:36, “light randy slut” at 2:47-2:49
Overview: Hard punk rock derived from earlier incarnation of the band from the late 70s. Lots of angst, driving impulse, and darkness. A touch of political/religious counter-culture seeps in now and then (tracks Patriotic American and Death Blow). Band resurrected in 2016 by Don Bolles (Germs/Ariel Pink), Dan Clark (Feederz/Victory Acres), Doug Clark (Mighty Sphincter), and Cris Kirkwood (Meat Puppets).
Influences/similar bands: Sex Pistols, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Buzzcocks.
Tracks: Favorites (*)
1. I Hate You (1:13) starts with crowd sounds > intense guitar driving drums > only lyrics are screaming “I hate you” > not nice, really.
2. Your Head (0:44) very fast almost speed metal > breathless lyrics > “sex and drugs and rock and roll”.
** 3. Static Planet (1:43) starts with bass > guitar crunches in > Jello Biafra stylings > random rhyming.
! * 4. Bionic Girl (2:16) >> FCC (maybe) “goddam” at 0:31<< feedback leads into guitar bass intro > solo guitar comes in > warbling screaming vocals > slippery guitar solo.
! 5. Cream of My Dream (1:54) >>FCC “you give me a boner” in the chorus at 0:30-0:31, 1:20-1:21<< hard driving start > screaming guitar drums > ends with feedback.
* 6. Patriotic American (1:19) drums kick in > serious harsh, screaming vocals > speed punk > vocals nearly go of the rails > high pitched wailing.
! 7. First and Last (1:15) >>FCC “fucking” at 0:14-0:16<< speed punk > blazes fast and furious.
* 8. Destruction Unit (4:12) slower rhythm > low bass and guitar > despair laden anthem > mad, high guitar solos kick in > feedback ending.
! 9. I Don't Give a Fuck (2:06) >>FCC screams “I don’t give a fuck” 9 times in first 20 seconds; starts this again at 0:52 and 1:37 (the title says it all)<< starts with heavy bass drums > churning beat > screaming vocals repeat the title over and over.
10. Sometimes I Don't Know (0:42) very fast paced > high pitched screaming vocals > good palate cleanser.
11. Just Like Your Mom (2:10) more fast paced punk > screaming vocals > slippery guitar solos > classic driving drums > I think I heard “I don’t want a dog to screw” at 1:42 – 1:44 (?).
** 12. Not You (0:55) bass intro > driving guitar > spirals up and down a few rounds then ends.
! 13. Gimme Head (1:25) >>FCC “Gimme Head” from 0:40 to the end<< starts slightly slower paced > guitar and drums start off > beat increases > vocals come in at 0:40 screaming “Gimme Head” over and over.
14. Mechanized Death (1:10) fast-paced guitar bass > slight variation in the beat > dark > “make love to your grave”.
15. Death Blow (1:03) bass drums intro > screaming vocals > lyrics include “church plus state equals hate”.
! 16. Serena II (3:35) >> FCCs (maybe) “like a woman making to cover her breasts” at 2:20-2:23, “bitch” 2:36, “light randy slut” at 2:47-2:49<< deep, gravelly voice speaking over feedback > post-punk poetry reading here > feedback stops at 2:58 but voice goes on > different from the rest of the album.