|Fonseca, Roberto / Abuc|
|Artist:||Fonseca, Roberto||Added:||Dec 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-12-06||Pull Date:||2017-02-07||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Feb 5||Jan 29||Jan 22||Jan 15||Jan 1||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 11|
|1.||Feb 08, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Jan 18, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Feb 01, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Asera Monina Banco
|5.||Jan 14, 2017:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Jan 25, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Asera Monina Banco
|6.||Jan 11, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
If Cuban music with a dash of jazz is one of your music preferences then this is your kind of album. ABUC is CUBA spelt backwards and that should give you a clue that this is a thougtfully put album by Cuban pianist Roberto Fonseca. He was with the Buena Vista Social Club and the bandleader for Omara Portuondo, the Cuban singer.|
This is Fonseca's 8th album and is a nice collection of different kinds of Cuban music. It is like a little history lesson of Cuban music. The album features Trombone Shorty, Dayme Arocena, Rafael Lay and others.
Try 1, 2,3,5,7,19,11,14
1. Catcy. Upbeat. Big sound. Trombone Shorty plays the trombone.
2. An arresting start to this Mambo track. Perez Prado comes to mind.
3. Reminds you a bit of Buena Vista Social Club. Wistful & lovely.
4. Slow & thoughtful.
5. Happy sounds. Upbeat.
6. Unusual mix of notes - jazzy
7. Infectious tune. A tinge of Take 5 perhaps?
8. Short. Sounds like a ceremonial procession.
9. Habenara & I thought Bizet's Carmen. NOT. This is Fonseca's composition. Modern and slow.
10. Peppy. Upbeat.
11. This one has that definite Cuban flavor.Play it & you'll discover what I mean.
12. Slow & pensive song.
13. Roberto Fonseca talks in this track. Spanish.
14. Same as track #1. Catchy. Upbeat. Trombone Shorty plays the trombone.
|1.||Cubana Chant||8.||Tierra Santa Santiago De Cuba|
|3.||Tumbao De La Unidad||10.||Soul Guardians|
|4.||Contradanza Del Espiritu||11.||Asera Monina Banco|
|6.||Sagrado Corazon||13.||Velas Y Flores|