|S U R V I V E / Rr7349s|
|Artist:||S U R V I V E||Added:||Dec 2016|
|Add Date:||2016-12-21||Pull Date:||2017-02-22|
|Week Ending:||Feb 19||Feb 12||Feb 5||Jan 29||Jan 22||Jan 8||Jan 1||Dec 25|
|1.||Dec 02, 2021:||Magnetized Toner: Favorite Songs of the Decad... (rebroadcast from Jan 14, 2020) |
|4.||Aug 02, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|2.||Jan 14, 2020:||Magnetized Toner: Favorite Songs of the Decade [2010 - 2019] Conclusion |
|5.||Apr 25, 2018:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
|3.||Oct 29, 2019:||Magnetized Toner |
|6.||Nov 30, 2017:||I Like to Dance: Shake Off Your Pants |
RR7349S is the second album by Austin synthwave quartert S U R V I VE. This instrumental recording, made only using analog synthesizers, navigates deep in ambient territory and could easily pass as an obscure horror movie soundtrack heavily influenced by John Carpenter’s movie scores from late last century. On a parallel note, two of the band members recently scored the music for the sci-fi streaming TV show Strangers Things.|
RIYL: John Carpenter & Alan Howarth, Vision Heat, Claudio Simenetti, Wendy Carlos & Rachel Elkind, and Stranger Things Soundtrack.
NO WORDS, NO FCC’s.
Recommended Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9
1. (4:25) *A.H.B. – 1980s B-movie horror soundtrack. Atmospheric.
2. (3:43) Other – More ambient. Ghostly forms.
3. (5:06) **Dirt – Ambitious track. Cool synth riffs. Machineries crossing odd dimensions.
4. (3:59) *High Rise –Sequel to previous track. Slower ending.
5. (4:08) ***Wardenclyffe – Terrific recording. It feels like the inspiration for the Stranger Things SDTK.
6. (4:39) Sorcerer – Another ambient darkwave composition.
7. (4:40) Low Fog – Low beams only. Like a quiet dream.
8. (6:36) *Copter – Another lengthy and dramatic track. Fades away slowly. Really slow.
9. (4:02) **Cutthroat – This one feels like an obscure French sci-fi prog rock influenced soundtrack. Great conclusion.