|Strfkr / Being No One, Going Nowhere|
|Album:||Being No One, Going Nowhere||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2016-12-29||Pull Date:||2017-03-02|
|Week Ending:||5 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan||15 Jan|
|1.||Oct 03, 2022:||Zootopia |
When I'm With You
|4.||Sep 29, 2022:||Zootopia |
Something Ain't Right
|2.||Oct 03, 2022:||Zootopia |
Open Your Eyes
|5.||Sep 28, 2022:||Zootopia |
In The End
|3.||Oct 02, 2022:||Zootopia |
|6.||Sep 18, 2022:||Zootopia |
When I'm With You
This most recent effort from pop-rock STRFKR (don’t say that on air!) is solid, but unremarkable. Most of the tracks are good listens, with synth, guitars, average crooning male vox, and energetic tempos, but they aren’t the most creative efforts. For the best stuff, check the end of the album.|
RIYL Of Montreal, Neon Indian
Recommended tracks: 1, 5, 7, 8, 9
1. (3:14) Clapping backbeat and a guitar line with laser-effect synths and falsetto makes me want to dance.
2. (3:56) Heavy on bass guitar. Lightly layered crooning.
3. (3:35) 80s-style keyboard synths and minor key makes this a head-bobber.
4. (4:05) A big synth swell leads into a minimal, mid-tempo 80s jam.
5. (3:53) Uptempo with a lot of instrumentation, lighter on the synth. Tapping my feet to this one.
6. (1:11) A short, spacey interlude as if pulled from a British “Cosmos.”
7. (3:44) An upbeat jam with copious cowbell and keyboards, rounded out with a mediocre guitar solo.
8. (4:36) Plodding slow jam that is clearly differentiated from anything else on the album. Layered harmonies, emotional.
9. (4:34) Minor key punctuated with an interesting chorus line. Feels like a dancehall track.
10. (3:43) A bright feel for such a gloomy title. A midtempo deep synth beat complemented by light synths on top.
11. (4:40) Etherial title track. Way, way down-tempo with a somewhat grating siren backbeat.
|2.||Satellite||7.||In The End|
|4.||Something Ain't Right||9.||When I'm With You|
|5.||Open Your Eyes||10.||Dark Days|
|11.||Being No One, Going Nowhere|