Compilation of some cool new tunes coming out of France from a wide variety of artists. There’s something for almost everyone on this diverse record. See individual tracks for specific sounds. Highly recommended!!!
1. (3:34) Funky, spacey breakdown with breathy lyrics and flute. RIYL Breakbot
2. (3:31) Midtempo twangy guitar with unapologetic female French vox gradually building tension.
3. (2:37) Bright rap featuring Ghostface Killah with lots of samples.
4. (3:35) Twinkly light electro with sweet female vox and funky guitar. Easy listening. RIYL Daft Punk
5. (3:16) Clapping backbeat featuring deep English female vox and dancey horns.
6. (3:23) 8-bit strumming fun. Poppy, upbeat, lady English vox.
7. (3:19) Mind-grinding breakbeat with a torrent of energy. Instrumental. RIYL Noisia
8. (4:11) Reflective midtempo rap featuring MF Doom and lots of horns.
9. (3:31) Light, jazz lounge style. Gently plucked guitar and violins with female vox in English.
10. (3:12) Electropop with female English vox. Is that a pan flute I hear? RIYL Cœur de Pirate
11. (4:37) Contemplative, twangy Western guitar strumming. RIYL Tom Waits?
12. (4:04) Dancey touareggae at its finest. Funky guitar coming straight from Niger. RIYL Bombino
13. (3:47) Breathy female French vocals - perhaps a trope by now? - with light drums and guitar. Churchy choral backup.
14. (4:34) Jovial down-by-the-beach beat with guitars. Carefree ooh-ing and ahh-ing.
15. (3:57) Poppy, edited female vox with chiming beat and upbeat claps. Electro feel. RIYL MIA, “Crave You” feat. Giselle
16. (3:49) Funky flute getting you in the mood to take a dip in that pool. Sexy French 70s-pop vox.
17. (4:31) Samples and funky keyboard-backed rap featuring Pigeon John. Tight!
18. (3:22) Electro dance time, with English lyrics sung with a French accent. Your Eurodance dreams come true.
19. (2:44) Twangy guitar with electro backbeat and creative female vox. RIYL Balkan Beat Box
20. (4:18) Midtempo keyboard line punctuates funky female English vox feat. Anna Kova. RIYL Seinabo Sey, UNKLE
21. (3:38) You’d hear this in any dance club set when it’s time for the slightly slower jam. Synths with English female vox. RIYL Major Lazer - “Lean On”