|Jay Som / Everybody Works|
|Artist:||Jay Som||Added:||Mar 2017|
|Label:||Polyvinyl Record Co.|
|Add Date:||2017-03-15||Pull Date:||2017-05-17|
|Week Ending:||May 21||May 14||May 7||Apr 30||Apr 23||Apr 16||Apr 9||Apr 2|
|1.||Oct 07, 2022:||Traditions - Hardly Strictly a Recap |
1 Billion Dogs
|4.||Jul 21, 2021:||Quite Gnarly (rebroadcast from Dec 8, 2017) |
|2.||Apr 15, 2022:||Everything in Particular |
1 Billion Dogs
|5.||Nov 18, 2019:||baggage claim |
|3.||Dec 16, 2021:||The Library (rebroadcast from Apr 5, 2017) |
|6.||Apr 24, 2019:||nearby galaxies |
Everybody Works is the next logical half-step from this band debut, Turn Into. Jay Som (aka Melina Duterte) is one of those multi-hyphenate artists whose creative process feels less like she’s a singer-songwriter-producer. The songs on Everybody Works range from the asymmetrical, creepy, with its minor key, experimental, stripped-down sonics, to the far more traditional mid-tempo rock of the title cut.|
Like: Alex G, Infinity Girl, Wildhoney, early Mac DeMarco.
1. Lipstick Stains (1:52) intro song, slow and beautiful.
2. ***The Bus Song (3:37) Medium tempo, happy vibe, mellow.
3. **Remain (2:19) Short, slow.
4. ***1 Billion Dogs (2:44) Strong guitars, awesome guitar solo, reminds me The Pixies.
5. One More Time Please (3:42) Indie pop, mid tempo, laid back.
6.** Baybee (3:45) Indie Pop, feel good song.
7. (BedHead) (3:26) Slow gaze.
8. ***Take It (3:20) Mid tempo, strong guitars, great progressions.
9. ***Everybody Works (3:29) Pure dream pop.
10. For Light (7:23) A slow night full of bright stars.
|2.||The Bus Song||7.||(Bedhead)|
|4.||1 Billion Dogs||9.||Everybody Works|
|5.||One More Time, Please||10.||For Light|