Everybody Works is the next logical half-step from this band debut, Turn Into. Jay Som (aka Melina Duterte) is one of those multi-hyphenate artists whose creative process feels less like she’s a singer-songwriter-producer. The songs on Everybody Works range from the asymmetrical, creepy, with its minor key, experimental, stripped-down sonics, to the far more traditional mid-tempo rock of the title cut.
Like: Alex G, Infinity Girl, Wildhoney, early Mac DeMarco.
1. Lipstick Stains (1:52) intro song, slow and beautiful.
2. ***The Bus Song (3:37) Medium tempo, happy vibe, mellow.
3. **Remain (2:19) Short, slow.
4. ***1 Billion Dogs (2:44) Strong guitars, awesome guitar solo, reminds me The Pixies.
5. One More Time Please (3:42) Indie pop, mid tempo, laid back.
6.** Baybee (3:45) Indie Pop, feel good song.
7. (BedHead) (3:26) Slow gaze.
8. ***Take It (3:20) Mid tempo, strong guitars, great progressions.
9. ***Everybody Works (3:29) Pure dream pop.
10. For Light (7:23) A slow night full of bright stars.