|Bent Shapes / Wolves Of Want|
|Album:||Wolves Of Want||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2017-03-15||Pull Date:||2017-05-17|
|Week Ending:||7 May||30 Apr||16 Apr||9 Apr||26 Mar|
|1.||Thu, 16 Nov 17:||Sam I Am|
|4.||Thu, 13 Apr 17:||Kayla and Gabe|
|2.||Sun, 30 Apr 17:||Anatole|
Rock of Ages
|5.||Thu, 06 Apr 17:||Slow Proteo|
Sound and Solidarity
|3.||Thu, 27 Apr 17:||Sully|
Brains and Eggs
|6.||Thu, 23 Mar 17:||Sully|
Brains and Eggs
FCC: Track 1 (Shit at ~1:16); Track 6 (Shit at ~2:15 and ~3:10)|
Overview: Lyrical punk/alternative rock music. Sense of urgency and good male/female vocal interplay. Seductive melodies, bright guitars, occasional piano, not too jarring. Mostly mid-tempo and energizing rhythms. A right good album. You will be bobbing your head and tapping your feet. Spontaneous dancing may occur. Digestible in one sitting.
Influences/similar bands: Vampire Weekend-ish, Weezer at times, The Romantics, The Fratellis.
Favorite Tracks: 2, 5, 10
Tracks: Favorites (*)
1. !!FCC!! – New Starts In Old Dominion (2:21): Guitar opens, clear male vocals come in; female back-up vocals; mid-tempo and poppy; great opening track.
2. *86'd in '03 (2:07): Drums start in; twangy guitar enters and carries into male vocals with female backup; nice breaks here and chorus really shines.
3. Third Coast (2:26): Guitar starts off, mid-tempo and clean; bass and vocals enter with drums not far behind with a bit of syncopation; good vibe and energy; ramps up to an abrupt end.
4. USA vs POR (1:48): Slower groove; silly spoken word interlude, but it works; fun 50’s-60’s vibe; long fade out.
5. **Realization Hits (3:54): Lead guitar starts off; mid-tempo; male vocals come in soon followed by female back-up; happy song about growing up; ends with solo piano.
6. !!FCC!! – What We Do Is Public (3:37): More guitar! And mid-tempo male/female vocals; winding guitar; drum solo/feedback-laden guitar break; pulsates and carries on until the end with intermittent feedback.
7. Xerox Voids (1:04): More grungy and crunchy guitar than the other tracks; driving beat and distant vocals; short and sweet!
8. Samantha West (2:48): Back to pop; jangly guitar and clear vocals; tasty drums and bass; nice breaks with intertwined vocals; easy fade out.
9. Béton Brut (4:20): This tune reminds me of Weezer; crashing cymbals; grungy guitar and lyrical, swooping vocals;
10. ***Intransitive Verbs (3:36): Finger-picking acoustic guitar starts off; strong vocals; a mellow and openly introspective track to end the album; about soul searching, depression and death; “puberty would be my mid-life crisis”; my favorite on the album - the most unique and touching. Play it!
|1.||Starts In Old Dominion||6.||What We Do Is Public|
|2.||86'd In '03||7.||Xerox Voids|
|3.||Third Coast||8.||Samantha West|
|4.||Usa Vs Por||9.||Beton Brut|
|5.||Realization Hits||10.||Intransitive Verbs|