|Add Date:||2017-06-21||Pull Date:||2017-08-23|
|Week Ending:||Aug 27||Aug 20||Aug 13||Aug 6||Jul 30||Jul 23||Jul 16||Jul 9|
|1.||Jul 01, 2023:||Hanging In The Boneyard
|4.||Sep 13, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
I See You
|2.||Feb 14, 2020:||KZSU Time Traveler
I See You
|5.||Jan 23, 2018:||Waste FM
|3.||Nov 22, 2019:||KZSU Time Traveler
I See You
|6.||Jan 23, 2018:||M.T.: 1STHR-Best of 2017 (Part 4); 2NDHR-Reissues ; 3RDHR-Regular M.T.
You Can't Hide
Detroit, Michigan’s Bonny Doon’s self-titled debut album takes you back to the early 1990s college radio days where American bands started blending post-punk guitar dynamics with old country melodies in search of new sounds. Inspired guitar-based compositions in the tradition of early Wilco and Pavement circa Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. Very fond of their abrupt change of tempos and the lo-fi recorded fragments here and there.
RIYL: Real Estate, Ultimate Painting, Wilco, Nap Eyes, and Pavement’s Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain.
FCC WARNING: 2
Recommended Tracks: 1, 2 (FCC), 4, 5, 7, 8, 11
1. (3:22) *Relieved – Guitar-driven, mid-tempo recording. They want a range life too. Ultimate Painting comes to mind.
2. (3:06) *Summertime Friends – FCC (Fucking). Organ/guitar-driven, mid-tempo track. Groovy and ready for a road trip.
3. (3:52) What Time Is It In Portland? – Wilco meets Nap Eyes. Synths too! Medium tempo. Kinda sad.
4. (4:44) **Lost My Way – Upbeat psych pop gem. Cool guitars, better lyrics. By minute 3:38, the song begins to slow down until it vanishes, one instrument at the time.
5. (4:23) **I See You – Medium tempo recording. Pavement meets Ultimate Painting.
6. (0:59) (You Can't Hide) – Short instrumental – guitar driven. Lo-fi territory.
7. (2:59) ***You Can't Hide – Memorable composition. Medium-up tempo. Great guitars. Better lyrics. Play it.
8. (2:53) *Never Been To California – Another cool medium tempo recording where Pavement stopped by to bless the beer. True story.
9. (0:59) Maine Vision – Fragment of an upbeat killer jam a la Parquet Courts.
10. (3:25) Evening All Day Long – Summer, Bob Dylan and Wilco are here. Mid tempo.
11. (4:58) *(Crowded) – Lo-fi instrumental guitar piece. Melancholic. Great ending.
|1.||Relieved||6.||(You Can't Hide)|
|2.||Summertime Friends||7.||You Can't Hide|
|3.||What Time Is It In Portland?||8.||Never Been To California|
|4.||Lost My Way||9.||Maine Vision|
|5.||I See You||10.||Evening All Day Long|